Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Tried to build my computer...

<<

xzarahsx

Post 16 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

Tried to build my computer...

Couple of weeks ago I had ordered myself a computer through PC case and jake forgot to select for them to assemble it... So when It was posted all excited to open it, we found that the parts were all missing out of the case (yeah they were boxed)... Not only did he feel horrible about that he also forgot to add the hard drive, disk drive AND microsoft. So had to wait even longer... All through the week I was contemplating sending it to mrsricochets grandfathers place in Melbourne so he could build it for me... I should have... Instead of risking over $1000.
So for days I've been trying to build it... Going through so many hurdles and having so many hiccups. After having it stress me out so much that it just broke my brain... I sent it away yesterday... They had thought the power supply was out... But oh no much worse than that. I almost lost the motherboard. Apparently I plugged a fan into the
Motherboard.. Where it doesn't belong... So apparently her uncle is installing Microsoft and will see how it goes... Right now I'm just waiting to hear more bad news. But never trusting jake to do anything for me again. He's also always turned around and said he could build computers, that he knew how to. Big kick in the face when he was completely wrong the idiot. Lol :via09:
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne

Login to remove these ads

<<

rmc10

Game Master

Post 16 Nov 2013, 3:10 pm

Re: Tried to build my computer...

Bugga, that's why I buy laptops, they come all put together lol :lai75:
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 16 Nov 2013, 7:34 pm

Dale runs his own IT business on the side. :)

Anyone who wants good computers and or custom rigs built can always PM this guy. :)
Also build servers, media boxes, custom automation controllers for home and industry and some electronic devices assembled and programmed to the users specifications.

Working on the site and getting things going. Dale@cytechsolutions.com

: D
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

xzarahsx

Post 16 Nov 2013, 11:51 pm

Oh I wish I knew dale! Mr smarty pants isn't being trusted ever again! Hahah haven't heard anything from Rico about it, so guessing the computer is good to come home, can't get it until Tuesday though :(
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 17 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm

tried to help her over facetime. very hard with minimal lighting and 2 hours past your weeknight bedtime.

ironically where she bought all the parts is so close to my work. i could have picked them up, put it together and shipped it from work. ;)
<<

xzarahsx

Post 18 Nov 2013, 12:31 am

Oh and I thank you so much for that James :) you were a great help! It is very hard to do pretty much anything over the phone. Picking it up wouldn't have been able to be done anyway, we didn't know he screwed it up until I opened it all up. Have to remind Sarah's mum to call up her brother to see how it all is, haven't been asked for money so I'm guessing it's all good :) would have blown it up if I didn't have your help :)
A.A. Milne
― A.A. Milne
<<

xzarahsx

Post 26 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm

Computer is still screwed. Even though it was built by people that know computers, it keeps blue screening and says that it can't recognise the desktop... Was told it was a soft ware not hardware. I have windows 7 to any of those who want to know... So I have a $900 computer in my room that doesn't even work. Lol
A.A. Milne
― A.A. Milne
<<

huioliver345

Post 26 Nov 2013, 7:50 pm

Hahaha! Damn... :/
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 26 Nov 2013, 8:31 pm

Please list the exact steps that occur prior to the blue screen.

Also,

Does the computer make it to which of the following...
-Windows logo screen
-Windows Logon screen
-The desktop

Will the computer boot in safe mode? Google Windows 7 safe mode for complete steps on how to accomplish this. A regular safe mode boot up with no special options is fine.

Does the computer make any unusual noises? ie; clicking of hard drive, unusual beeps (such as more than 1 on boot.)

Do you have a graphics card installed?

Ensure the CPU cooling fan is running. It should run all the time.

After answering all this try to remove the graphics card. Then boot the computer with the monitor plugged directly into the motherboard.

Still an issue? Unplug everything from the motherboard except your hard drives and cpu fan. Keep the ram of course and the motherboard power cables. Give it a quick test with the side panel off to allow the case to keep as cool as possible.

Does that work? If yes, plug all the fans in. Give it another test. Still working? Plug in other drives such as CD/DVD and other hard drives. Still purring like a kitten? Plug in any additional items such as card readers. Still partying like it 1969? Awesome, plug that graphics card in and connect it to the monitor. Everything plugged back in? No issue? Not a damn thing? Possible you had a bad connection with something and simply needed to reseat it.

What causes a blue screen?

10% of the time its software.
20% of the time its hardware minus the hard drive.
70% of the time its your hard drive starting to kick it.

Other than reinstalling windows or capturing the bluescreen image or windows error detection log the best route is to unplug items then slowly plug things back in until the issue reappears. If you have nothing on windows installed or valuable or windows set up to your liking it will be easier and quicker to reinstall. If this doesn't fix the problem try flashing the motherboard bios to an updated version. *INSERTS BIG CAUTION HERE* Do it EXACTLY as the manufacturer of the motherboard says. If you screw this up you can turn your motherboard into a paperweight.

Make sure all the drivers are installed and the correct version is installed for your version of windows. Sadly though without actually getting my grubby little hands on that technologically advanced TV with a typewriter attached I can't do much other than suggest this to help.

FYI is you have the error code from the blue screen (take a snap shot with your phone) or read the log file or let windows try to fix it if it does boot. Google that code and see what you get.

hope this helps.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

xzarahsx

Post 26 Nov 2013, 10:55 pm

I'm too scared to open it back up and try again, and cracking the shits because I REALLY don't have the cash to send it back to PC case for $100, should stop at James and get him to pop it together hehe. Well today when I turned it on, it didn't know the "can't recognise desktop check hard drive and disk" but it was only on for about 5 minutes and blue screened. I can turn it in, log on and have the computer running for a few minutes, each time it's tried to install LOL could it be that? I noticed one of the pin heads are unplugged, the 3 pin PWR one, could it be that? I'm too scared to open it back up again as each time it just hasn't worked, since I've already almost lost the motherboard apparently I'm too scared to do anything as it's a lot of Money were talking about lol.
My motherboard is the cheap ATX one off PC case, grand dad said something about it being funny but jake and James have it and it runs fine for them.

Think one of you boys just need to come to me, there's $100 in it for you if you fix it haha.

Still so angry, no matter how much I cry. Lol

No license, no car, no lift and like hell I'm taking it on the train haha
A.A. Milne
― A.A. Milne
Next

Return to Community Area