Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Sunrise Building Competition $2,000,000 in prizes!

<<

meach51

Post 30 Jun 2013, 6:38 pm

Sunrise Building Competition $2,000,000 in prizes!

Announcing the Sunrise Building Competition

Sunrise is the newest beautiful location on Rolyd. With ocean views on one side and a vast desert on the other, Sunrise offers the most glorious sunrises on the server. This development of this prestige location will be co-ordinated by a Mayor, for the first time on the server. Another first is that all buildings will be made offsite and then moved to their locations. This process will ensure that the town stays beautiful. Vegan is constructing a Mini-Mall in the City Centre, small enough to be able to find everything, big enough to sell everything.

Sunrise is also designed with horse riders in mind, with wide streets for explorers and commuters alike to travel the City. You can bet that all our horse traders will use the Sunrise market to sell everything you need for horses.

Within a few hundred metres of Sunrise is pristine wilderness, ready to be explored. With Rolyd Celebrities already showing interest in locating here, you can be sure that Sunrise is the place to be!

Instead of just making a City, the mayor came up with the idea of a competition to build it. Now you can have your building preserved on Rolyd, with a plaque (OK, wooden sign) showing your name and when you built it.

The Competition

The competition is to build all the City Buildings for the new community of Sunrise. The City Mayor, David422107, has planned and zoned his new city and now needs builders. Anyone can enter and build a city building in the Construction Zone. The Mayor and his Council will choose winning buildings, which will be moved from the Construction Zone to the City. The people who make each of the winning buildings will receive:

$100,000 in MC cash
A free building lot in Sunrise.

Once all the buildings and at least six houses are finished, the Rolyd Management team will vote on an overall winner. The overall Sunrise Building Winner will receive:

$1,000,000 in Cash
A free waterfront building lot in Sunrise

Competition Rules
Please Read Carefully!

The Sunrise Mayor Will post a building requirement in this thread, in this forum. This tells you what he wants, in terms of size for the city block, height, etc. To enter, you need to post your name, Team Name and a list of team members underneath that building requirement.

Entry is Free.

Individuals or teams may enter, each team must have a name and a nominated Team Leader.

Prizes will be awarded to individuals, or the team leader, who will share them out.

Only One Entry per person, whether they are as an individual, or in a team. This means you cannot enter both in a team and as an individual player.

Buildings must be constructed in the Construction Zone allocate to contestants. No other buildings will be accepted.

Contestants must supply their own building materials. In the case where a building does not win, contestants can take the materials back. Rolyd staff and ppl might donate materials if contestants ask, but this is up to individuals, the Rolyd management will not give away materials.

Visit The Sunrise Walkway at /warp sunrise to see the city.

People will be allowed in once the Mayor Formally opens Sunrise, we will announce the opening, and all the winners, in this thread.

Please ask the Mayor of Sunrise, David any questions

Login to remove these ads

<<

meach51

Post 30 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm

Re: Sunrise Building Competition $2,000,000 in prizes!

Here is our first competition.

The first competition will be for the Town Square.

The location for this building is a 30m x 30m plot, on the corner of Sunrise Boulevard and Mall Street. This area is the heart and soul of Sunrise, and as such its design will be critical to the success of Sunrise. Competitors are encouraged to visit the site and look closely at its alignment within Sunrise.

Your design should include a warp arrival location, plus public areas including gardens and open spaces. The space should flow pedestrians towards Mall Street (and the mall) to the North, and to the west, Sunrise's main thorough fair, Sunrise Boulevard.

Building materials are at the designers discretion, but the judges will be looking for interesting use of a variety of materials, and innovative ideas (not duplicates of existing buildings). Rare materials do not give extra credit on their own, so your design is critical.

Fountains, trees and other outdoor design features would be particularly suited to this area. Remember, while a town hall may be the obvious structure choice, the function of this area does not require it.

Note that a City Owned boundary of 1 block all the way around your design can be utilised for a fence or open area if your design is selected.

Unleash your imagination and surprise us.

Mayor David
<<

D1GG

Post 30 Jun 2013, 8:11 pm

Sign me up Meach51, I am in a team with Inulover10 and BadAssPixie, 551790 too I think... (will check that up)

-D1GG
<<

lukaben1

Post 30 Jun 2013, 8:22 pm

Hi.
Me and young diqs123 are interested in teaming for this comp.
Let us know if anything is needed or any info regarding it
(edit) Also Im the team leader and we are yet to come up with a team name,
for the time being since we haven't discussed one its 'liqs'. lol thanks
Last edited by lukaben1 on 01 Jul 2013, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ImTash

Post 30 Jun 2013, 8:28 pm

Alright now the team I'm in is just Pixie & I, sorry about that.
<<

Post 30 Jun 2013, 9:03 pm

Team entry

New Team entry Nominated Team leader "551760" Team: "NaomiTim" "GunterKintay" "ILoveYou10" :sci-fi-marvinmartian: Team name is "World crafters"
<<

Mingjetan

Post 01 Jul 2013, 12:08 am

My team:me Dimittri (mingjetan)name:team awesome

:confinishline:
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

daerror14

Post 01 Jul 2013, 12:44 am

sign me up meach im solo or ash is with me :lai68: racin car brm brm also team name is offtherails. :conjail:
<<

meach51

Post 03 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

IMPORTANT Judging!

Competition One, the Town Square, with be judged this coming Friday 5th July.

Contestants have had almost a week. If you want to win, you need to spend enough time on the server to build.

Competition two will be announced by Mayor David the same day. Competitors must remove their entries with in 24 hours of a new competition being announced, please. We want to recycle the land!

Winners and Prospective Sunrise Residents Please Note:
The winner of each building competition will win $100,000 cash, plus a block in Sunrise, location at the Mayor's Discretion. This will NOT be a waterfront. A waterfront block will be given to the overall winner, along with $1,000,000 in cash.
Once you have a block, you can only build in Sunrise by offsite approval. This means that you must build a house somewhere else, then ask Mayor David to inspect it. He will help by giving you guidelines and advice.

Once you have building approval, your house will be moved to site. This is to prevent ugly buildings, or those that do not meet standards appearing in the posh suburb of Sunrise :)

The Mayor's Decision in these matters is Final.

Waterfront blocks can be bought in Sunrise. The same offsite building rules apply. Go negotiate with nice Mr Getvegan on price. He owns all the waterfronts except the First Prize site.

Good luck to all the competitors!
<<

david422107

Post 05 Jul 2013, 7:16 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen - the time has come to award the winner of the First Building Competition.

We had a number of strong entries, but sadly there can only be one winner.

The winner of the Town Square design competition takes home $100,000 as well as a block of land in Sunrise. And the winning team is... [drum roll please]

World Crafters.

Their design includes a beautiful water feature in the centre of an elegant system of gardens. I encourage everyone to visit /warp sunrise to see it in situ.

The next competition will be posted later this evening, as well as a bonus mini-competition - so check this thread regularly(and the forums generally).

Mayor David
Next

Return to Events