Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Warps

<<

meach51

Post 24 Jan 2013, 8:47 am

Warps

With new towns popping up everywhere, we are often being asked to create warps for the towns. It's easier to post here than type one-line at a time ingame, so here's the answer to the "can I have a warp?" question:

VIP's get 3 warps. If you are a VIP and want someone to help set one of your VIP ones to use as a town warp, of course we will help you. If you are not a VIP, you can't have warps. If you are a regular user and enjoying rolyd.com, consider becoming a VIP by donating a few $$ to support the server.

The VIPs warps are private warps, so you have to invite users for them to be able to use it. This works by the command:

/warp invite <playername> <warpname>
to uninvite:
/warp uninvite <playername> <warpname>

Use /warp help to see more.

As the owner of a Private Warp, you have the responsibility of inviting or uninviting people to it. Although MODs are happy to help you, we will often not have permission to invite people to your private warps, because they are private. If you are going to have them, you have learn to manage them properly yourself.

If you are a VIP, to create a private warp use:

/warp pcreate <warpname>

You will get an error message if the warp already exists, or if you try to set up more than 3. Also, avoid using Caps, punctuation or other tricky characters. Keep the warp name simple and easy to type if you want other people to use it.

Public warps, that anyone can use, are rare and difficult to obtain. We are currently tidying these up.

To get a public warp to a new town, you will have to convince the GM's (not the MODS) that your town is professional and popular enough to justify a public warp.

Please post any questions here.

meach

Login to remove these ads

<<

oddworld_chris

Post 24 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

Re: Warps

Excellent post meach51! I fell quite bad at times when newly formed towns ask for a public warp, and this new post will help ensure a consistant concept towards public warps.

meach51 wrote:Public warps, that anyone can use, are rare and difficult to obtain. We are currently tidying these up.

We are currently in the process of creating a new structure near /spawn that will detail all public warps, regardless of how long they have been around for. This is huge task with will over 60 public warps to visit, categories and place onto the boards. We will see if we can get it done by the end of this weekend, so at least you guys will be able to explore around a little more and see some of the builds that haven't been touched or seen for over 12 months.
<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 25 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

normal players don't get warps so don't even ask.
also if a town/city looks like its going to last for more then 6months you can get a warp but lucky none of the town/city's last 6months because players tend to make new town/city's with other players then we end up with like 20 town/city's all over the place, some have 2 players living in them some with 5 players living in them some just end up empty.

now if we give a lot of the normal players warps to there town/city's and the players move on to there new town/city we get a nice big warp list that is hard to clean up and a lot of old town/city's to remove.

to keep it simple if normal player wants a warp to there town/city they have to have at least 20 - 25 buildings and that town/city has to last for 6 months.

vip's only get 3 private warps for that reason in my opinion, but dale or other admins may say otherwise.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 25 Jan 2013, 9:29 am

Agreed with left. This is a donation item only sorry guys.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 10 Aug 2013, 8:22 am

How do you delete a private warp?
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

xzarahsx

Post 10 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm

You have a mod/admin to delete the warp for you.
Just tell us the name of the warp ingame and we will delete it for you :)
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
<<

Mingjetan

Post 10 Aug 2013, 11:02 pm

Ok thanks :)
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

YoaDahDee

Post 21 Aug 2013, 5:44 pm

I think some longer term players would be willing to pay for extra /home or /warp points. i know i maxed my /homes out in a couple of weeks!
<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 21 Aug 2013, 9:51 pm

with most players building all over the place you do tend to use all your /homes and /warps.
best to get all your buildings with in the same region to save //homes and /warps
also i think some players are using there /home command to mark places that have warps to them.

when i first joined the server i had to use the /sethome command and /home to get to everything, even used /spawn and walked to places. the map may seem big but its not nearly all players have set up right near each other and most players are just lazy and don't want to walk if they can get access to /warps,/homes or teleport.

if your smart you are able to use 3 home locations to get to the main things you need as mostly everything does have a warp. so use those minecraft legs you have and walk to places.

now we have horses,donkey's and ride-able pigs im sure you can go any where you like. the use of /home and /warps should be needed that much.
<<

A_Dead_Bunny_NZ

Post 30 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

Hi All

Would be nice to have a list for the public warp offgame.
Sometimes I am wanting to go adventuring and there is so much distance you can walk from one of the north/south/east/west warps especially when you cannot ride your horse!

Yes to more personal home points for a fee as well.
I continuously move my points about as I mine further and further out.

A private warp would be nice so i can invite people through without needing a mod (even though they are lovely people).

Anyway back off to the saltmines I go.

Cheers
ADB

:lai42:
Next

Return to General Discussion