Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Can't stay on server for more than a few minutes

<<

Dimitri277

Post 02 Mar 2014, 4:21 pm

Can't stay on server for more than a few minutes

Every time i try to play on the server, i can only play a few minutes before it exiting because of this error:

io.netty.handler.timeout.readtimeoutexception

This is actually pretty annoying and I don't want to go logging back in constantly

Login to remove these ads

<<

xzarahsx

Post 02 Mar 2014, 6:47 pm

Re: Can't stay on server for more than a few minutes

Have been getting this since 1.7.2 came out. I noticed if I log on before 12:30pm I can play for a while, but if I log out I can't play again.
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
<<

huioliver345

Post 03 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm

It probably has something to do with the restart.

Last night I was playing on the server, until it restarted at around midnight. I couldn't rejoin again for a long time after the restart. And like zarah just said, she couldn't re-join after 12:30pm as well, (around the time of the midday restart).

I'v noticed that there is a few very outdated plugins still running on the server, such as EconXP, which was last updated to minecraft 1.3.1...
Most of these problems have been happening after the 1.7 update. 1.7 had a lot of code changed, so i'd imagine older versions of plugins wouldn't be going very well with it.
<<

Dimitri277

Post 03 Mar 2014, 5:27 pm

Can't roly do something about this as this isnt probably in our power to fix?
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 03 Mar 2014, 8:18 pm

Heya,
this past week have had two daily restarts not go quite right. I had to manually get it going again. That could of caused some problems. Until I got it going again.

Last few weeks, fixed internet/network, neaten up cables/updated router etc. Done that when I had free time (lots of hours at work lately :mine-D: ,but not much free time to play), all sorted now though.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to now make sure everything is up to date (plugin and bukkit wise).

Dimitri277: I'm going to look into the logs, see why your having problems, hopefully there's a fix I can apply. Ill reply back here, when I've got more.
xzarahsx: So still having the same issue, hmm, ill have to look into it too.
huioliver345: That was to do with the restart. It froze while shutting down, logs paused at that point too.

There is a few things I need to work out/do some research on how to get it going good. Hopefully I can fix the issues.

PS: Before I can update some things, need to test (alot of plugins individually). and some plugins are highly integrated and cannot be removed without breaking some other things. Most/if not all plugins what are currently running do something otherwise I remove them if not needed.
eg. EconXP does the donation xp for buycraft :mine-P: but will replace that.

Also World map size is getting big around 19.4GB, while atlantis is 0.8GB. Servers taking awhile to save World (What's causing a kick every 2 hours too, for everyone).

Also when Minecraft 1.7 came out they changed how the map system works now from previous versions. Right now eg. world saving was no issue before but now they changed how it works, so need to do more research and get it running smoothly again.

Anyways lots of text and getting tired, so hopefully makes sence.

If have any questions, reply. I'll try some stuff and yeah.
<<

xzarahsx

Post 03 Mar 2014, 11:14 pm

I'm just being very patient :)
i know there is not much you can do.
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne

Return to Support & Protection