Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

server problems?

<<

jay9519

Post 02 Feb 2014, 7:46 pm

server problems?

lately there has been alot of server disconnects and server shut down's for extended periods, is there a new plugin or something that is starting to make the server so frustrating to use?

Login to remove these ads

<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 02 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: server problems?

After it got hot, one of the modems started to fail. (Thinking installing fan's on modems, more airflow)

It now can't keep a stable connection for long, I've already ordered another modem. (Thanks to all the people who donated!) Just in the post now.

This will be sorted out within next few days. I might see if I can borrow another modem for a few days while its in shipping. Or buy a backup one from MSY.

Also I'm manually checking the connection (when I'm at home, every half hour/hour) trying to make sure its up. Or ill reboot the troubled modem.
<<

jay9519

Post 02 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm

thanks for the reply mate, was just curious cause I've never had problems like this before :)
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 02 Feb 2014, 11:46 pm

You're still running DSL right? If you have a cable connection Roly I have a spare modem you can borrow. Let me know if you need it.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 07 Feb 2014, 4:11 am

Say hello to the twins,

All setup and working, replaced the modem on the right, there should now be less connection problems. :mine-D:

Theres still some issues I need to sort out, like once every 4 hours you might get kicked (When world backup starts). But going to try to figure that out and make sure everything is up to date.

Return to Support & Protection