Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Killing Wither for Nether star

<<

Genera1007

Post 01 Dec 2013, 2:43 pm

Killing Wither for Nether star

Hi All,

Over the last two weeks, I have been searching for wither skelton skulls to create the wither. Unfortunately, the server won't let me create the wither. How can can i get a Nether star without creating a wither?

I have checked out the plugins used on the server... I am assuming that this is the one that is blocking me from creating a wither....

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/wither/

Login to remove these ads

<<

Rydero1

Post 01 Dec 2013, 5:32 pm

Re: Killing Wither for Nether star

Hi Genera1007

It's my understanding the plugin is on to prevent people making the Wither to destroy other players builds/spawn as the Wither is very destructive, which is fair enough (perhaps if players were given permission to create the Wither in the Nether only this would be a compromise, set permissions to the Nether only).

However I'm having this same problem....how do we create the Wither ? how do we legit obtain Nether star and/or beacons.

Anyway here is some suggestions on how to get skulls (pointless if we cant make the Wither)

Yes it is dam hard/difficult to obtain Wither Skeleton heads, as Wither Skeletons don't spawn especially frequently, and will drop its skull only 2.5% of the time, and you need three of them (an average of 120 Wither Skeleton kills).

I have been trying to get some head for a few weeks now (pardon the pun) to no avail. I have killed around 4-5 Wither Skeletons and none of them dropped a head.

Here are a few tips that may help your endeavors,

*Wither Skeletons only spawn in Nether Fortresses

*Nether Fortresses spawn every few hundred meters along North-South lines, so after checking one North-South line for a few hundred meters and seeing nothing, move East or West and begin scanning North-South again.

*A Sword with Looting Enchantment improves the odds that a Wither Skeleton will drop its skull

*While time consuming, you can mine the walls to expand the floor space, giving Wither Skeletons more space to spawn.

*Nether Fortresses with plenty of bridges and columns that are open to the Nether give you much better visibility, allowing you to spot Wither Skeletons further away

*I have found that Nether Fortress bridges with linking cross roads have the most chance of finding Wither Skeletons, but keep in mind naturally spawning mobs only spawn at a distance of 24 blocks away from you, and upto 128 blocks away from you.

I hope this helps you find some Wither heads

Killing a Wither boss drops a Nether Star which is needed to make a beacon. I wish there was an easier way to get Nether Stars or Beacons (we all want beacons). It's fair to say it would be welcomed by most players if there was an Admin shop that sold Nether Stars or Beacons. It would have to be sold at a high price though like $10,000 because it's a hard item (almost impossible) to get.

Thank you RYDERO1
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 01 Dec 2013, 6:50 pm

I agree with having a shop to sell them.

Ryder is correct with the greifing side of things. This is a player created mob. Much like the Ender Dragon it can cause heaps of damage. Even a GM is frowned down upon if they create a dragon without sufficient abilities to ensure it is killed quickly. (This only ever really being done for testing...well...uh...95% of the time =D )

When last I checked World Guard (used to protect blocks) has an ender dragon damage flag that can be set to a region or the entire world. However, every time I have tested this the Dragon tells World Guard to get stuffed and just starts tearing up the landscape. When last I checked this was also the same for the wither. If this gets fixed (Bukkit has to do it.) we most likely won't see a change in the current set up.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 01 Dec 2013, 6:55 pm

GetVegan used to have a shop that sold beacons for $1000 each in the old mall.
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

Genera1007

Post 01 Dec 2013, 8:20 pm

RYDERO1 wrote:Anyway here is some suggestions on how to get skulls (pointless if we cant make the Wither)
I hope this helps you find some Wither heads

HI Ryder, I should have been a bit clearer... I have my three skulls :) lots of hard work went into it, but i did manage it. Now i want to make the wither :)

dale00474 wrote:Ryder is correct with the greifing side of things. This is a player created mob. Much like the Ender Dragon it can cause heaps of damage... we most likely won't see a change in the current set up.

I know about the damage. I have my killing grounds setup... it is far far away from other players stuff... only structures is the platforms i was building while hunting wither skeletons. What i am asking is for my wither to be created there, and me, and anyone else up for some fun, can kill it (or try to)... I then collect MY nether star (My heads, my star ;) )

*IF* it is sold in the shop, i think it should be 100K, or more, not 10K. 10K is too cheap. 1K is just ridiculous, how could you afford the time to gather those materials to keep it stocked? Prices should reflect the difficulty of obtaining the item. If i had 5, i would be selling them for 100K each..

Can i make 2 suggestions...

1. Have an area put aside for battling the Wither. Make it big, but enclose it in material wither can't break. Let GM's or Mods create withers for players, as requested (as long as they have the skulls). This might mean ppl have to wait a while b4 a mod is online at the same time as them.

2. Have a shop created that will trade 3 wither skulls for 1 nether star. I have read through the plugins used on Roly, and i think i saw one that allows this type of trading.
<<

xzarahsx

Post 01 Dec 2013, 9:11 pm

I quite like your idea general... We could have some good boss fighting? Only if heads are obtained by the player (and the soul sand).
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
<<

Mingjetan

Post 01 Dec 2013, 9:29 pm

We could have a wither fighting arena made out of bedrock at /warp pvp? anyone?
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

Mingjetan

Post 01 Dec 2013, 9:32 pm

*IF* it is sold in the shop, i think it should be 100K, or more, not 10K. 10K is too cheap. 1K is just ridiculous, how could you afford the time to gather those materials to keep it stocked? Prices should reflect the difficulty of obtaining the item. If i had 5, i would be selling them for 100K each..

No I don't think 100k maybe 10-30k, and you would also have to buy the iron/gold/diamond/emerald blocks which would also add on to the cost.

<<

Genera1007

Post 01 Dec 2013, 9:57 pm

Mingjetan wrote:No I don't think 100k maybe 10-30k

I'll make the same argument i made in chat in minecraft. Would 10-30K be worth the time and effort for gaining 3 wither skulls?

You have said you haven't got skulls before... When you have hunted for the 3 skulls, let me know what you think they are worth. I have just completed that part of the quest, and i put their value at about 30K each, because of the time i spent getting them. I think they are harder to get than nametags and diamond horse armor.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 01 Dec 2013, 10:09 pm

That's just my opinion mate.

Next

Return to Support & Protection