Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Player traps...

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 03 Jan 2012, 11:32 pm

Player traps...

Alright...so you want to create a player trap...? Do it in a building dedicated to it. A maze with the traps warned about.

Tonight I ran across a player trap marked "free items" near spawn just behind the Nyan Cat. I won't mention who it was made by. Needless to say you know who you are. We've banned players before for tricking others into a pvp zone to kill them. This is no different.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

LockedDiff

Post 04 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

Re: Player traps...

I have a player trap in my house.
Its a sequence of pistons in a hallway ontop of a large hole.

However at the front of my house I have made it clear with signs that there is traps present in my home and that Public are not allowed into my house.

If a player created a home and put a sign up warning people not to enter, and that there is a trap/traps present. I would think it is souly your decision wether you are going to venture into their land, against their will. And you would be taking full responsibility for your own possesions wether you die in there or not.

But on the 'free items' issue I think it wouldnt deserve a ban, but a warning or a slap on the wrist. As it is clearly decietful and conniving to the public.

Mabey some info on the matter should be included in the spawn info building?

Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

"LockedDiff"
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 04 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

Re: Player traps...

Very good points Locked. The situation we did have in the past was a bit more serious.

I have absolutely no issue with safeguarding a home with traps. Waning signs are awesome as a good trap is difficult or impossible to detect anyways. At least trespassers have some warning. So good on ya mate. =)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Return to General Discussion