Post 13 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm

PvP map - Vote for the map type

This poll is open to everyone both staff and players.

The options and what they mean...

Flat map city- map type set to flat. You will spawn in a PvP world based in a city. The city will be either medieval or futuristic depending on my plans. I am leaning to futuristic as I reckon I can do more creative design.

Formed city- a standard map type with a small city built into the landscape. The good points are that it -might- involve a more creative base for the city foundation. The negatives are this makes for loads of complications with players being able to get stuck in the landscape. It could cause a logistical nightmare with a foundation for a city.

Formed natural- no cityscape at all. Natural landscape which has been altered very little. Pros include little time investment from me. And beautiful landscape. Cons are a largest potential for bugs involving players getting stuck in areas. Still a logistical nightmare. And increased possibility for a player to become lost.

Personally I suggest the flat model but I'd like to see what the community thinks. Keep in mind it will go through stages of development over a several month period.

Current ideas include: forest biome style area, snow globe section with associated arenas, desert themed area, underground arenas throughout the map, underwater city themed area.

The main reason I am wanting to go with a flat map city style is more time available in development. Any ideas please feel free to suggest.

A few important things...
-land will be unexplorable. This is a pvp map only
-no player will have build rights except on shop plots
-I will take ideas for arenas and feel free to build and submit a design. Remember I am not obligated to use a design nor give any promises to that extent.
-you may suggest any Mod that covers PvP in any fashion. Including PvP timers, team mods, anything related. It MUST be Bukkit compatible and you -MUST- provide a link. If you do not your suggestion will not be considered.
-build designs are done on your own land with your own items. I reward for used designs. I ask staff not to provide items for such an effort as the situation could get abused.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.