Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Website Map

<<

Melissmala

Post 05 Mar 2014, 2:25 pm

Website Map

Hey Guys,

We were having a look at the map on the website and was wondering if there was any chance that you could up date it to include all of the new things that have been added. Mel and I have been trying to find our village (because we have no idea which warp we are closest to having been TPed to the location by another player).

We just wanted to get a better view on what our area looks like from a sky point of view. :)

If you would be able to upload another map or change the current one it would be great :D

Thanks for your time,

Rraveen. (Haven't gotten around to making my own account so using the sis's)

Login to remove these ads

<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 06 Mar 2014, 7:38 am

Re: Website Map

I've updated Minecraft Overviewer, going to *attempt* to render atlantis then main world.

Will take *some* time since its a atom pc being used as a webserver, map rendering, + a extra service :mine-): I need more machines/power! lol.

So after a few days of rendering, then ill upload to a external webserver (these image files take up a shit load of space, yo). But then I'll have to speed limit upload, so does not affect players (so another few days of uploading).

When I render the Main World it will be over 12GB+ of image files I'll then have to upload to a external webserver.

I'll also have a look around for cheap vps, since need more external image space.

TLDR,
I'll try to, will take long time, and need more space (but can sort out)
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 06 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

Been doing all website map stuff on low end/cheap hardware. To keep costs down, just wondering how many people would want to have the website map updated more often and/or bigger area sizes.

Pretty much, at the moment it will take some time to update the maps. There are options I can take, just takes time, and/or money to implement.

So I'm asking how many people, want a bigger and/or more updated maps? I can work out costs/sizes roughly. But first need to know interest levels of our player base.

Only place I don't have statistics on the website is map sub-page, So I don't know how many people visit it. (I should track that)
<<

Melissmala

Post 06 Mar 2014, 8:17 pm

I would love a more up to date map (hence the question), but if time and cost and time are too large maybe it doesn't need to be often, or at all.

We just want to work out where we live, and we could probably borrow a GM for a little while and work it out if no one else is interested :D

And 12GB+ that is crazy!

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Mar 2014, 2:21 pm

Easiest way is to hit F3 and grab the map cords. Then go to spawn and start walking. You'll be surprised what you might find. :)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Melissmala

Post 07 Mar 2014, 8:39 pm

We have done that, but cant work it out. :(
<<

Rraveen

Post 10 Mar 2014, 12:24 pm

Hahaha When Mel says we have done that she means we have tried lol. Its 80,000 + blocks away from the spawn hahaha we get about 3,000 and give up :(

As cool as the map would be it seems like it is going to take a lot of effort and money so don't stress too much about it. we will find out where we live one day :)

Rraveen (I got an account lol)
Regards,

Rraveen
Co-owner and Builder of the Torocue Enterprises, Community Tree Farm (/warp TF), Sky Mall (/warp skymall) and Trade Town (/warp Trade).
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 11 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm

The map is currently being uploaded. Keep in mind it is a huge collection of image files. Tens of thousands of files (no joke) lol

It will be finished soon. :)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 11 Mar 2014, 10:30 pm

Uploading now :mine-P:

67% Done, about a day (or two?) to go.
<<

jay9519

Post 12 Mar 2014, 9:28 am

It will be nice to see my house on the map, I looked yesterday and its an empty bit of land
Next

Return to General Discussion