Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Comunication

<<

Post 02 Nov 2013, 12:26 am

Re: Comunication

I've sat here looking at this Text box trying to think of something profound yo say to you all and deleting many a Paragraph. When All I really wanted to say is That I value friendship too Where as when I see an administrator or moderator does something wrong they're no longer your friend is that it? And I hate to see such a Big "Blame game" but that's what it's turning out to be. and I'm sure it's not just a few of the Staff members that have been in the wrong at least once. And that one time you have is enough to make one player leave if that's what you're worried about. I don't want to have Game rules and restrictions destroy friendships. Staff can be unfair but they're human to sometimes they need to pull their heads-in like the rest of us. Image

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 02 Nov 2013, 3:18 am

I think this topic is starting to die quickly. However, I want to touch on something.

1. Guys we have a life. I'm sorry to say but this is sometimes the reason staff take a bit of time away.

2. Creative and world edit are used as everyone knows. Some things are legit. However, I'm sorry to say this guys but I know from my own time in game and out of game I spend about 75% of my time dealings with players issues in one form or another or building things for the server. Yes...I have a pretty nice (kick ass really) house in Atlantis. Do I flaunt it? Nope. Was it built with W/E and creative? You're darn tootin'. Why? Because it is one of the few things I have ever built for myself. I honestly don't have the time to really even build much for me.

Does Meach flaunt Sunrise? To a point. This flaunting though is in the form of player events, contests, and a nice (one of the few nice) town for the server. Much discussion goes on behind the scenes to improve township owning. We were debating the finer points of economy and then next thing you know it was acted upon. Currently, it works. Is it easy? Nope. Can anyone honestly say we have had a lasting and functional town? To be honest Gtown was a logistical nightmare with greifing and regions. Wool town was highly successful until an oversight by owners with region protection and a huge fire took everything out. Other than those pretty much every functional town has crashed a burned badly. Sunrise is actually making progress for the most part.

This is all why Moderators don't get W/E and creative. Firstly, it can damage the server like you wouldn't believe. Second, its a "reward" for all the time spent. Who wants to spend 75% of time in a game working? For a sandbox game that really sucks. Think about it. That's only 1 hour for every 4 in game. So if you logged in tonight at 10pm and played until tomorrow until 10pm you would only be building and digging (mostly digging) for 6 hours for yourself. The remaining 18 hours would be time spent helping players, moving this and that, building server buildings, looking at the endless logs, and so forth. I know many don't think of that. If you feel as though a staff member abuses power speak up.

I genuinely hope your concerns in your PM were addressed and you are genuinely happy with the result. Blitz we want you and all the players happy. I'm not having a go or rant with the above jargon. I just want to give a bit of insight. There has been other spots on the forums where we have discussed this very thing before. Some may not have seen it. That's fair.

Just one other thing...sorry left to call you out on this but I'd ask that no one post PM's publicly on the forums as they are by definition "Private." I understand why it was posted but without a clearly defined consent from the author lets not do that. It could end really badly when someone gets upset when it becomes a public message. Thanks. =)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 02 Nov 2013, 7:26 am

Thank you for the clarification Dale. Yes, I was happy with the outcome. Like Dale said, it is called a private message for a reason. And I for one, am not very happy that you'd post this without asking for my consent.

You're the problem left. Everything is pointing back to you mate.
Happy to help anyone in need.
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 02 Nov 2013, 7:38 am

lexer556 wrote:No Left just simply wants everyone to know what you were feeling at the time. Don't know what admin you talked to that figured your problems out in 2 seconds but obviously that is a coverup so why not share this missing information? If everything is fixed then why not have people see that you said this? :) Shouldn't keep secrets anyway.

I talked to xzarahx, shinyclef, rolyd90 and GetVegan. A total of 5 admins including the owner.

xzarahz was second . I told her what I felt about an action of a player and of the staff and admins. She listened then she told what she thought. She told what she would do about it and that was to have a discussion with that person and admin. I was happy with that result.

Shinyclef and rolyd90 was first. I told them what I felt also about a players and they concluded with the same point which also I was happy with the result.

GetVegan was last. I told him what I thought was going on. He explained and confirmed crystal clear. I was able to make amends and move on. I was also happy with the outcome.

Talk about secrets? If that was truly what you think, explain why left kept he demotion a secret, lied about it and when it came out, tried to take 3 admins down with him?

So if that's a 2 seconds worth of sorting out, I wonder on how little you know.

Anyways. I would much rather play Minecraft then waste my time me with you Lexer.
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 02 Nov 2013, 7:43 am

blitzthebetawolf wrote:
lexer556 wrote:No Left just simply wants everyone to know what you were feeling at the time. Don't know what admin you talked to that figured your problems out in 2 seconds but obviously that is a coverup so why not share this missing information? If everything is fixed then why not have people see that you said this? :) Shouldn't keep secrets anyway.

I talked to xzarahx, shinyclef, rolyd90 and GetVegan. A total of 5 admins including the owner.

xzarahz was second . I told her what I felt about an action of a player and of the staff and admins. She listened then she told what she thought. She told what she would do about it and that was to have a discussion with that person and admin. I was happy with that result.

Shinyclef and rolyd90 was first. I told them what I felt also about a players and they concluded with the same point which also I was happy with the result.

GetVegan was last. I told him what I thought was going on. He explained and confirmed crystal clear. I was able to make amends and move on. I was also happy with the outcome.

Talk about secrets? If that was truly what you think, explain why left kept he demotion a secret, lied about it and when it came out, tried to take 3 admins down with him?

So if that's a 2 seconds worth of sorting out, I wonder on how little you know.

Anyways. I would much rather play Minecraft then waste my time with you Lexer.
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 02 Nov 2013, 8:13 am

The admins I talk to were 4. Not 5. My bad xD
<<

xzarahsx

Post 02 Nov 2013, 10:59 am

Oh blitz mr duffer :) I'm glad I could address your problems accordingly, sometimes as we all know we all get overwhelmed with anger (I sure did, I will admit that) as people I love and care for we're having rumors spread around about them. I regret my actions but I was just so very furious. Sometimes the phone just has to be sat down and go to sleep.
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 02 Nov 2013, 11:31 am

Mr Duffer for sure :P Yeah we all get a bit angry every now and then.
<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 02 Nov 2013, 11:35 am

1. this has nothing to do with me losing admin, how many times do i have to explain that ???
2. this was to give players a voice as they have clearly backed down and why i posted that pm
3. it was to fix and help the server and not to attack staff or anyone.
<<

crusty_krow

Post 02 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

too much infinite loop bitching on this thread, this is getting nowhere...
Image Image
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion