Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Donators

<<

x_XchickenmanX_x

Post 03 Oct 2013, 11:08 pm

Donators

Hey I was just wondering today what the top 5-10 donators of really money are

Thx chicken man! :D
Need Some help just ask I will be willing to help you anytime :)

Login to remove these ads

<<

oddworld_chris

Post 03 Oct 2013, 11:19 pm

Re: Donators

Hey x_XchickenmanX_x

head to http://rolyd.com/donate/ to find out more information in relation to Rolyd's donation options.

In relation to who the top 5-10 donators are, and others can correct me if I am wrong, but we don't exactly give out that information. There is a list of those who have donated on the right side of the page (as listed above), but it doesn't list which package they purchased :)

oddworld_chris
<<

meach51

Post 03 Oct 2013, 11:36 pm

I don't think Roly would give out a list of donators, for obvious privacy reasons.

I do know that he uses all donations for upgrades and maintenance of the server, plus he also pays every month from his own pocket, to provide a top server that people can use free, if they want. Many ppl can't afford to donate, but they are made just as welcome.

Staff (Exp's Mod's and GM's) all give a huge amount of their time free to help run the server, with a couple of people (shinyclef and Getvegan, in particular) writing and testing plugins in their own time.

Many users also jump in to welcome and help new people, spending their time helping instead of playing.

This week alone, I've seen users from Asia, the USA, Denmark, Sweden, and the UK as well as Australia. Everyone is made welcome and enjoys themselves.

In the end, because of a lot of time, money and effort by a lot of good people, we all get to enjoy the best MC server out there.

There's no need to know how much anyone donates, because giving time and effort is just as valuable.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 04 Oct 2013, 1:34 am

Agreed with the responses here. I personally would have to raise my hand in opposition in regards to posting such information. Needless to say;

Chris and Meach raise very good points...
It is a privacy issue...
Rest assured Roly doesn't make enough through donations to avoid out of pocket costs...
Without the donations made I really doubt Roly would have been able to keep the server online this long...
Meach hit the nail strait on the head...not a single staff member gets paid or any benefit what-so-ever outside of in-game privileges. Despite this we enjoy what we do. To be completely honest, many players say they would love to do it and the ability for a GM to get creative is great and wonderful. The interesting part is things can get boring pretty quick. This is why some staff choose to never use it, choose to get more involved with helping players than building or build things strictly for the use of the server community.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

x_XchickenmanX_x

Post 04 Oct 2013, 8:03 am

Ok sorry thx for your time anyway

Thx chicken man ! :D
Need Some help just ask I will be willing to help you anytime :)

Return to General Discussion