Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

/warp pvp close Oct 1st-31st

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 25 Sep 2013, 8:38 am

/warp pvp close Oct 1st-31st

From the changelog...

Change log to be updated soon.

-BIG NEWS-

As of Oct 1st /warp PvP will close for a complete overhaul of the region. You may have noticed a giant wall being constructed and the demolition of the "new" spawn. The railway to Atlantis spawn is also closed.

How long?
/Warp pvp will be closed for the entire month of October due to massive changes in the layout and a huge project which will give the region a new look, new means of transport and completely new layout.

Will you be removing or adding any new arenas?

For the most part none will be removed. The castle one near the pvp warp, pitfall and Killhouse will get a rebuild/redesign however. As you may notice the wall surrounding the area is huge. Needless to say /warp pvp is planned to double in size over the next year. This is the first phase in that plan.

Will you be closing the PvP region off again?

Most likely. However, I am 100% certain those will not take as long as this time as they will be overnight projects.

Why the change?

In its current form /warp pvp isn't designed to be a big area. It already is. When pvp started it was two regions (main world near spawn and Atlantis). Each had three arenas and it wasn't expected to get to being as big of a project. The current design is a bit of a mess. Most players I've spoke with are happy with it. However, I am not. I started landscape work months ago. The beautiful region I selected has turned into a nightmare and I am ready to start over with it. It's also not designed with a central spawn in mind and I really want that to be a part of the region. Also, I have been experimenting with automatic lighting. The new design will make maintaining that system easier on me. Also, many new features including healing locations in the bases through the use of a joint redstone/command block system has been tested and is something I will be building in most arenas.

The new spawn?

YES! A spawn with east, west, north and south directions to help players navigate to where they want to go. PvP will be organised into areas for non-pvp amusement buildings, pvp arenas and function buildings such as a hospital and shops. The new spawn will have features such as; warp gates to various arenas, information kiosk, a special fireworks display for events, and a master control room for staff use to control various features of the region. This is a huge update for the area.

Why an entire month?

This is mostly for a massive copy and paste jobs with arenas. Ultimately half of them are being moved. This poses a major problem with redstone not working correctly when moved. For instance, the Tron Arena has over 15,000 individual pieces of redstone wire and 13 separate redstone circuits. Want to know a little something? I wired All of the myself and placed each wire section by hand. No word edit guys. I wanted to ensure the circuits functioned as planned and the only sure way to do so was this meticulous method. So when moving these arenas I want to have as much time possible to ensure things don't go wrong. I don't want to screw this up, throw my hands in the air and turn it into a graveyard.

Players who have set homes here...
In short, chances are during this time if you warp home to the pvp area you will die a quick and falling or buried alive death. At which point I say sorry should have read the forums guys. In the end, you loose items, die, and become frustrated. So please follow the rules and don't set home at /warp pvp.

More updates later.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 30 Sep 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: /warp pvp close Oct 1st-31st

FYI...

Last night some lag and a small "crash" was caused by me working on this area to get a small head start which will save me some time and save on server lag during October. A good chunk of the pvp overhaul will be built by hand so the instances of lag will be minimal during the reconstruction. For a start I will try to do little bits at a time. I will be keeping the warp open during the rebuild but players will be limited to a glass box in the sky. So if you'd like to get a view of the construction during October you can see a bit of what's going on if you desire.

Players requesting to help...
During the reconstruction the ability to fly is imperative. As a result players will be unable to help. Also, I am looking at a total block count in the 10's of millions so it's way out of scope for a non-creative player. Sorry to those wanting to help. However, I am always on the lookout for decorative builds. These include; statues, themed builds such as a Roman building or castle building and so forth. To submit a build create your thing and PM me the coordinates by hitting the F3 button and writing down the xyz location. I only accept certain creations so be tasteful and build good things. Players are rewarded for good builds.

Upon completion of the reconstruction I will be asking for test players to help me test commands and various features. Players will be rewarded for their time. Once testing is complete a grand PvP Tournament will be held by iloveyou10 and myself with HUGE rewards.

Rewards for the tournament:

In game prize money
Special items (very powerful)
Your name at the bottom of a statue at the pvp area. This will be permanent and will essentially become your statue forever.
Exclusive shop space within the pvp area.
The grand champion will be allocated a plot for a permanent house at the pvp area. (MUST look good)
An exclusive "cameo" in a PvP video advertising Rolyd.com
A permanent recognition in the Hall of Champions

Something I am looking for...
I need a building recreated. The entrance hall from the chariot scene from the Hunger Games. I have a video on these forums but you can also search YouTube for hunger games chariot scene. You're likely to find my video. I need that hall recreated in grand scale. Here is the catch. I can't provide you with creative or items. I will help with items if you catch me half way through and show me great progress. It must be on a grand scale and look like the movie building. The person or persons who can build me this and make it look good and accurate will be bathed in riches. It will also be placed forever at /warp pvp. What is the reward you say? It's such a grand reward that if I post it Chuck Noris himself would have a heart attack. That is how bad I need this building. And a good looking accurate one at that.

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 12 Oct 2013, 7:19 pm

UPDATE:

The new spawn is in place. Loads of work to be done. But head to /warp pvp to check it out.

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 23 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

UPDATE:

Due to a -very- bad illness /warp pvp will open on a delayed schedule. I am away in Sydney from Nov. 2nd-12th. Its unfortunate that I seriously doubt the area will open before that following weekend. If possible I will be opening the area in a very limited capacity before I leave for Sydney.

I will keep everyone updated as time goes on. =)

Return to General Discussion