Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

TEMPORARY SERVER SHUTDOWN FOR 7/9/13

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Sep 2013, 7:37 pm

Re: TEMPORARY SERVER SHUTDOWN FOR 7/9/13

Dawzie is a GM and it was a hacked username on there.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

chiiuhh

Post 07 Sep 2013, 8:53 pm

shinyclef wrote:Look like I missed all the fun :D
Well, Roly will be home around midnight tonight when he will upgrade some server stuff, so probably quite late tonight.

oh darn there was going to be a raffle later tonight...
and would you have fixed all the damage they did, like when they blew up spawn and people's houses cause they blew up my hole house including all my items?
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Sep 2013, 8:55 pm

The server will be fully restored to the last way backup done today. Even in the event of hardware failure the server can be easily restored. So no worries your house and items will be repaired mate. :)

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

MenaceKid19

Post 07 Sep 2013, 10:09 pm

all i remember was warping to kiosk and the whole place was destroyed :( then Mistygal99 or something like that started banning everyone. i dont know why people do this ? what will happen if i was in the middle of building something will i have to start all over again ? hope to see you guys soon and get back into it :)
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Sep 2013, 10:32 pm

People are idiots and jerks. All progress up to the latest backup which was shortly before will be restored

<<

huioliver345

Post 08 Sep 2013, 12:57 am

Mingjetan wrote:That was fun though...

Haha, It was kinda exciting wasn't it.
But its not good at all. It resulted in the server being shut down for many hours. :/
I just don't understand the people that would do these things. They are clearly criminal minded. :(

I have never experienced first hand such an attack on a server, and to be honest it was scary at the time, I was panicking so much. I am still a bit shaken and I hope I never experience it again. :(
<<

chiiuhh

Post 08 Sep 2013, 1:05 am

huioliver345 wrote:
Mingjetan wrote:That was fun though...

Haha, It was kinda exciting wasn't it.
But its not good at all. It resulted in the server being shut down for many hours. :/
I just don't understand the people that would do these things. They are clearly criminal minded. :(

I have never experienced first hand such an attack on a server, and to be honest it was scary at the time, I was panicking so much. I am still a bit shaken and I hope I never experience it again. :(

yeah i was so scared when it happened it was just normal and then dawzie tp'ed to meand i asked what hewas doing and then he said blowing up your house... so i said whatt???
then all of a sudden there was a hole in the ground from where my house was...i was so freaked at the time
<<

huioliver345

Post 08 Sep 2013, 1:34 am

I have located one of the responsible people on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/123derp321
<<

meach51

Post 08 Sep 2013, 1:35 am

Fortunately, the organised roly has backups. he said he's going to restore them while he does a disk upgrade tonight. Plus close the loophole (that I won't discuss) that they used. All will be back up and running soon.
<<

lukaben1

Post 08 Sep 2013, 5:49 am

This kind of thing happened to me whilst I was on another server, An admin turned on the owner and kept tping players to the spawn, and even if the players tried to teleport away, they were auto tped back. Then the admin decided to flood the spawn with lava and tnt it. Unluckily, the server didn't have a backup/restall thingamajig so they had to start all over again ):
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion