Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

:(

<<

copycath

Post 02 Aug 2013, 5:47 pm

:(

I used to think this server was the best server in the world, but now i dont like it much anymore because of something

Well i was going to my mansion to finish it, but when i tried to place blocks it said i have no permission. I got the admin to come over but he said that he had no evidence that i made it because the 'logs' werent old enough. LOGS CANT GET OUTDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then someone said the person who stole my build was banned for flying and then the admin removed my build that took ages to make

Before you go stealing and destroying my builds, you should of thought about THIS! james7261 is making heaps of servers and making them all against rolyd. I was going to be a spy for rolyd since james is my best irl friend and i get to hang around him alot, but no! YOU DELETE MY BUILDS YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TRIUMPH IN VICTORY AGAINST JAMES

-copycath

Edit
Im not going on for a while, waiting for multimc 5 comes out
also cant you just save the logs in your computer somewhere?

:lai34: O_o
ME YOU
Last edited by copycath on 03 Aug 2013, 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Login to remove these ads

<<

shinyclef

Post 02 Aug 2013, 7:34 pm

Re: :(

Whoa relax. There is no need to get so aggressive.
Firstly, logs can get outdated. This is because everything gets logged from chat events, to block places, to leaves decaying naturally. The logs get VERY big. We can only afford to keep about 2 weeks worth. There is no need to shout THE LOGS CAN'T GET OUTDATED, it just makes you look silly.

We take player protection very seriously. Whenever someone asks for protection, we're on it right away. If you had done this when you built the house, we would have protected it for you.

The unfortunate thing about this situation is, the house may legitimately be yours. The problem we as mods/gms face is that we have had claims of false ownership before. To override a protection we need to be absolutely sure we're doing the right thing.

Now I have personally taken a look at the conversation that took place today regarding the property. What the GM told you was true, I looked into it myself, there are no logs for that location. It's too old. The house itself was like less than a 10x10 space, it's easy to rebuild, AND get protected.

Remember we have a system in place to ask for protections that all mods/gms WILL see. just type something like: /modreq can I please get my house at these coordinates protected.
Do this immediately after you build something and you'll never have this problem.

Sorry if you lost your property mate. There are plenty of people who would be happy to help you rebuild. But we are not here to babysit. Anyone who wants to play on this server needs to be mindful of the systems we have in place, which are all stated at kiosk and in rules.

Good luck on your future servers if you choose to go there.

~Shiny.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 02 Aug 2013, 9:15 pm

Perhaps you forgot what we stand for on this server. Fair play. We have no desire nor will we ever for spies. Also, there is a right way and a wrong way to get things like this taken care of. This isn't the right way. Shiney is correct. Think about this...the server logs get pretty big. Could you image just how big? Try over serveral thousand pages a day. Lets say 3 thousand. This is a conservative figure. 3,000 x 30 days = 90 thousand pages of log data. Rolyd.com would have over a million in the last year. That takes up a lot of server space. 2-3 weeks is about all that can be committed. Also, considering the other space required for map data, server data, backup files and other related data.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 03 Aug 2013, 1:14 am

Right now I have hawkeye set up to keep the last 3 weeks of logs.

With over 123 Million rows of data right now, if I increase it, it will get bigger/make hawkeye slower.

I do have some full backups of the database, what if you give me a date you started placing blocks their I *might* be able to find it.

And with modreq, it pops up on all mods and gm's screen. Till the task is complete :mine-P: so its really hard to miss a modreq for protection. The modreq will not go away until someone has complete it.

Not sure what else we can do. Roly

EDIT:
copycath wrote:james7261 is making heaps of servers and making them all against rolyd.
Cool...
Last edited by rolyd90 on 03 Aug 2013, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

copycath

Post 03 Aug 2013, 10:08 am

did you think about how much stone i needed and coal
<<

copycath

Post 03 Aug 2013, 10:11 am

Also, in a chest at the build, all my building materials were in
Roly, i think i started building when i got vip
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 03 Aug 2013, 10:34 am

rolyd90 wrote:Right now I have hawkeye set up to keep the last 3 weeks of logs.

With over 123 Million rows of data right now, if I increase it, it will get bigger/make hawkeye slower.

I do have some full backups of the database, what if you give me a date you started placing blocks their I *might* be able to find it.

And with modreq, it pops up on all mods and gm's screen. Till the task is complete :mine-P: so its really hard to miss a modreq for protection. The modreq will not go away until someone has complete it.

Not sure what else we can do. Roly

EDIT:
copycath wrote:james7261 is making heaps of servers and making them all against rolyd.
Cool...

123 million rows?!?!?

I think I was off on the page count a little ROFL!

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 03 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

Did you ever think that if you just co-operated with me that you'd have a better solution.

The funny part is I had just unprotected it to give you the benefit of the doubt and you demanded it back. So I world edited it away.

You need to listen instead of whinging and demanding. The fact was, it was protected to someone else which means you either lied or didn't get it protected and someone else got it protected. Should I trust every answer I get off everyone? Hell no. I need to investigate it for myself.

I tried to help you and your rudeness ended up with the house being removed

Edit: it was a house that took 2/3 stacks of stone and a stack of glass. Something that can be done in 15 minutes.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 03 Aug 2013, 4:46 pm

Some forget we are people too and aren't fans of being ordered with demanding players. Be courteous and ask nicely. It will get you far.

Return to General Discussion