Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

=-OHN-=

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 27 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

=-OHN-=

What is =-OHN-=? Well hold on tight and I'll explain. OHN is a casual gaming community for gamers aged 18 and over. We are not overly competitive and simply enjoy the atmosphere of friendly gaming. Do we get serious? Yes we do. We enjoy winning rounds just like anyone else. However, we have formed with one goal in mind...to have fun! The platform we use is PC games. Though some of us do also have consoles and game on those as well we base our game play on the PC. The PC? Why the heck the PC? Well simple...we can actually own our own server. How freakin awesome is that?! This is OHN's house. We can make the rules and ensure our players are playing fair and by the rules. What was that? A fair game?!? Holy moly you've got to be kidding me right?! No way...would I kid you?

After speaking with this awesome mofo named Roly about the clan we've made a mutual agreement of support. OHN mostly enjoys getting down with First Person Shooters, namely the Battlefield series of games. OHN was started in the U...S of frickin' A and has a membership of about 20 members. I moved to South Australia and due to the latency (laaaaggggggg) and time difference (Time laggggggg) issues I decided to form a branch of OHN right here in the awesome kangaroo lands Australia. OHN Australia will be promoting the awesome one-of-a-kind Rolyd.com minecraft server! Roly is one of our first members of OHN AU and hopefully by promoting each we can expand our playerbase.

Member don't pay dues. WTF? How can this be possible? Well its simple. When we get a server all we ask is members pay their share of the costs. I hope for this to be only $30 or so a year. A whole frikin' year! We have plans to purchase some sort of FPS server nationally. The only issue I've found is pricing, and let me tell you...game arena and a few of the others are far too expensive in my books. In the US we had a 2142 server, team speak and website all in one package for around $300 a year! The entire year! OHN has its own private hosted Team Speak and I have purchased a domain privately to host the OHN clan site. How awesome is that?! The site was taken down for a while and I am still working to get everything back up. Right now we only have our forums active. I have hopes to get the site back up and going within the month. All I need to find is a server provider in Australia at a reasonable price that hosts RANKED games. I'm not certain what we are going to get, (I am looking at either BFBC2, 2142 or BF3.) All OHN members are active admins on all clan servers. So wait a min? Members take charge of the server? Yes we do! It is our house. We make the rules. We keep them fair but if people don't want to follow them then guess what? They can hit the door! We have this awesome tool called a Banhammer that can make the job easier too! So no worries if you happen to see the occasional A$$HAT with your tank rolled over getting points repairing it in the corner of the map. How awesome is that?!

What are our policies on gaming? We believe in fair gaming. This means, NO glitching, NO hacking, and a simple set of rules to keep the server reasonably controlled. We want players to enjoy our servers and have fun with us. We want players to be ensured players on our servers are legit and also on board to have fun and enjoy friendly competition on the battlefield. Fair gaming? Sign me up!

=-OHN-= AU is currently recruiting anyone who shares our views on fair gaming and having fun. Membership is strictly 18 years of age and over. We require members have Team Speak 3 (free to download) and be active on Team Speak with us. Gamers may place applications on our site and after a time of sussing out potential members the clan votes. If successful you're welcomed to the clan and have all the privileges of full members. We get to know potential members through the use of Team Speak and gaming together. We're all a bunch of friends and sometimes the conversations can get nuts. Think you'd enjoy belonging to this awesome group of nuts? Hell yes you do! Want someone to stand beside you gunning down the enemy? Or standing behind you ready to revive you with the med kit? Hell yes! What are you waiting for? Swing by ohnclan.org and register (Please use your most common in-game name.) Fill out an application if you think its for you and give our forums a read (keep in mind they're only small atm as its only been up and going again for a month or two.) Thankfully I have hired an entire herd of Llamas that are hard at work getting the site ready. Llamas? Those South American camel like things? Who the hell is cool enough to have Llamas? What was that? OHN? Hell yes we are!

http://www.ohnclan.org

Did I mention I am proactive and nuts on the battlefield? Did I mention I'll gladly be the one gunning down the enemy with you? I love it! Ever want to just run all over the enemy on foot? I have two legs. I can walk with you. Want to run them over in a jeep? I'll even let you drive. Hell I enjoy watching from the passenger's seat! Oh look their's a helicopter! I was ranked in the top of BF2 heli pilots! I'll wait for you to spawn just so you can be the gunner. Why? Because I couldn't care less about my kills if my gunner is mowing down the enemy like a herd of cows on a wheat farm! I can keep us in a air killing Charlie's until the sun goes down! Would you rather fly? Fricken awesome! I can gun for you as well. I'm not as good at it as I am flying but hell I'll still gun for you! Need a tank repair? Hmmm...I don't often carry an engineer kit...but for you? I'll bring one in! See? Now this is frickin' team work!

See you on the battlefield.
-OriasE
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 09 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

Re: =-OHN-=

Just a little bump on the topic. I've been busting ass and picking Roly's brain on website ideas and completely rebuilt the old OHN site from scratch. The new one looks nearly the same but with new features and is pretty much better in every way. I'm also working on a banner to give to roly so we can promote our sites together. I've already put a link and gametracker banner on the clan site and am hopeful I might find a few aged 18+ gamers here in the community that will wish to join up and help get this thing going.

Head on over to www.ohnclan.org to check out the new site. =D

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 10 Dec 2012, 12:55 am

I'm interested.

Do you play other games that are co-op? I get the feel you're mostly fps but generally people have a broad horizon of games and sometimes it fun to play a game like borderlands 2 with 4 others. Same as l4d2 etc etc.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 10 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

The clan has very much been into Borderlands 1 and 2 since their release. Me personally, I hate the graphics in the game. They gave me a massive headache. Here is the one good thing about the aussie branch...the gamers over here have a bit of different flavour with gaming. Since we are starting up the AU branch we have a chance to mould it into what the member here want to see. Granted, we will have close ties to the US guys in OHN and will hopefully be able (latency pending) to join up with the guys in a friendly match. =D

My own personal likes with games sticks with the FPS, RTS and MMO's. I pretty much love most games with the exception of COD. No offence to any COD lovers out there but I would much rather play Battlefield where the game has been tailored more for team work style play. The accomplishments a well built team can accomplish can be amazing. I'll share a little story with you which embodies what =-OHN-= is all about...

My clan mate Rouge and I are in BF2142 in a titan match. The goal (for those who've never played) can be found here in this video...
So our titan core is being overran. Our team is barely holding the opposing team off and we have just managed to drop their shields. Sadly they have nearly all the silos and we seriously have about 2 min until our titan is destroyed. For an average 3 man fire team assaulting an unguarded titan they can bring it down in about 2-3 min. I see Rouge die and asked him to spawn with his recon kit with explosives (a kit he was very good with). I brought a support kit with ammo crates and we rushed the enemy titan. The enemy was so busy attacking ours they forgot about their own. Thankfully we had a great Commander on our team who gave us a UAV sonar over the enemy titan. After about 2 min the chat is filled with WTF and other obscenities as the enemy sees their titan going down. It goes to show that even though a team of 16 players has a hard time defending against an attacking enemy, an enemy team of 16 players can be quickly blind sided by two players working together and working smart. Needless to say all our matches after that when our squad asked the commander to supply us with something we got it. We also managed to get the attention of other squads on the team and helped to lead them into multiple victories after that. Rouge and I weren't the highest ranked in the game, nor were we by any stretch the best. However, our ability to work as a team really brought something to the game. We also had a hell of a lot of fun doing it too! =D

Unlike some clans that do nothing but join up and start fighting or compete 24/7 we also had loads of fun testing out things like skydiving in battlefield and leaping into falling planes...stuff like that. We also used to help each other and give advice all the time when the server was waiting to get populated or even when a game was going. This made us work better as a team and made us as individuals much better at the game. We had a blast! One thing I was happy about when I was in the US and we were playing Battlefield 2 a fair bit was I managed to get to position #3 on the world rankings for Helicopter KDR. I was deadly in the littlebird and often managed to take down two or more assault choppers and even planes in those little bastards. If it had not been for playing in the clan, having the fun I did and getting better at the game I never would have accomplished that. =)

Return to Community Area