Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

totally off topic of minecraft

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 24 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

totally off topic of minecraft

Alright guys I have a question...

Some have noticed I've been away for about a week now. I've been very busy. Between work and other things I haven't had much time. I'm looking forward to getting back in soon though. This isn't the reason I am distracting you though...

I wanted to ask the community (since we have a fairly good one going here...) how many of you guys play FPS games? A year ago I moved to Adelaide from the States. I was and still am a proud member of a gaming clan called =-OHN-=. Today I had some free time and did some serious hunting for game server rentals. I am wanting to start my own OHN clan in Australia. Currently I run a TS3 server but for other private gaming. I am looking into renting a BF2142 server in Sydney for about $20 a month with Mumble 20 slots for 5$ a month. Maybe bring in a BFBC3 server later on after the initial release. If I were to start a clan membership would be restricted to 18+ (sorry to the younger peeps out there but I have too many reasons for this that I'm not going in to here.) Basically I need to find out how many people I know locally who would be interested. By local I mean Aussies of course. Even if some wouldn't be able to join (age) or not interested in joining but would love to play on the clan's server.

I know very few people in Australia and trying to find servers sucks ass. I can't handle the lag and the lack of gaming drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong. I love Roly's server but everyone needs something other than minecraft once in a while. If I can get something going I'd like to try to team up with Roly to advertise back and forth or something.

Any thoughts? Would anyone be interested? You can also PM me and we'll exchange Steam IDs and talk about it.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 24 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

Re: totally off topic of minecraft

Just for the record... =-OHN-= stands for OH HELL NO!

It is a long ass story going back a good 5 years or so with the clan.

But also sounds like own =D Something we noticed later on *knifes Dawzie* CHAT - Dale00474: Dawzie you just got OHNed HA!

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Zero2None

Post 24 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Hey dale,

Yea I play FPS... I play BFBC2 and COD:MW2 atm.

I will probably get battlefield 3, but not modern warfare 3 (it looks crap compared to B3)
<<

crusty_krow

Post 24 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

MW3 looks like a map pack for mw2 -_- BF3 ALL THE WAY!!!! :D
Image Image
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 24 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield series. BC2 was alright. I was always a huge fan of 2142. The game server that would be purchased would all depend on donations from clan members and cost. Not to mention desire of what server. I'm not a fan at all of the COD series of games. I enjoy more of a team atmosphere which the Battlefield games tend to lean on.

I also won't be getting a server unless I can be certain it will be ranked and running PunkBuster. I can't tolerate hacks and cheats. Skill is where its at. =D

<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 24 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

id be interested in joining your clan, just chat to me on steam when your on next.
<<

Icersau

Game Master

Post 24 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

i would be interested, but i dont play competitively. i dont like the organised matchs against other clans, im purely in the games for the public. i would also be happy to contribute some cash to a BF3 server if you head that way. i still have bf2142 aswell but it doesnt have a big following in aus.

Return to Community Area