Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

perpetual motion machine discovered.

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 26 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

perpetual motion machine discovered.

Free energy is deemed impossible for a number of reasons. The primary reason being that friction will negate in an equal or greater force that energy which is generated. However, a new experiment with cats...yes...you heard correctly...cats...has proven that endless energy is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

rmc10

Game Master

Post 26 Jan 2014, 10:53 am

Re: perpetual motion machine discovered.

bloody classic, would work with vegemite toast to, that always seems to land on vegemite side as well
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 26 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

so let me get this straight, so if we replace our motors with cats = free energy,

How many do I need for 1 Horse power, 10 cats?
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 26 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm

well...lets do some math...

Where p = horsepower , t = torque , and r = rotational speed we can figure the mechanical horsepower for a single cat...

p = (50) x (60)
` ------------
` 5252

50 because anyone who has ever tried to turn a cat over on its back knows how much torque they can generate...
60 for rotational speed because I figure one rotation a second...very likely.
5252 to calculate foot pounds or torque (sorry I have no clue if this is what aussie's normally use)

If we do the math we get the following result...

.5712 horsepower per cat. Now lets consider the rotational force of a cat landing on its back. YEAH RIGHT! For a single cat to be capable of doing half of the work of a single horse I think is very possible when faced with such a situation. This means that a cat is a very efficient machine. Now lets look at the fact that this entire equation would essentially be halved due to the jelly side of the cat. However, I argue that because it is the cat itself that has been jellied that the equation still stands without the need to half the equation and doing a separate one for the power factor of jelly touching the floor. I would like to point out that I believe that the cat would build up a constant rise in momentum (those who put a cat in a freaked out situation knows keeping it there only makes it worse.) What this means is that the initial acceleration and start up torque may be low. However, inertia would exponentially increase as well as the potential top speed. Those trying to stop a cat on the move can also vouch for the ability required to stop said cat once the cat has built up any sort of inertia. So I figure my math is pretty spot on.

Would anyone wish to weigh in on this question of science and math? I welcome comments.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

rmc10

Game Master

Post 27 Jan 2014, 8:20 am

very funny stuff dale.
my only point is the Jelly, cmon mate, your in Australia now, we eat wobbly jelly with our
ice cream and spread jam on our cats down here.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 27 Jan 2014, 11:31 pm

Does that mean we can make cat cars???? :D
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

Return to Community Area