Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Meach Burgers!

<<

meach51

Post 16 Aug 2013, 4:54 pm

Meach Burgers!

Over 40 years of cooking has evolved quite a few tips. This one will forever change the way you make burgers, its not in any recipe book and no-one else will tell you about it.

Meach burgers are favourite in our house, I'm cooking them tonight. Ill share the secret. Here's how to make the best burgers on the planet :)

The problem most people have making burgers from mince is that they fall apart in the pan. I've seen all kinds of additions, eggs, flower, water and so on. None of them work properly and they all change the flavour. Meach burgers don't use anything, just beef...

Meat is protein molecules, they are long and stringy. The mincing machines chop these up into little pieces, which is why burgers fall apart. Put regular, room-temperature, mince in a bowl. Get a dinner fork and turn it over so that the curved side is down. Using the back of the fork, press gently into the mince and stroke it firmly. Keep going, turning the mince as needed and stroking until you can see it is beginning to stick together. It takes three or four minutes with 500 grams of mince.

What you are doing is "knitting" together all the chopped up protein molecules. You can see the difference as you stroke the meat. A little practice and your meat will look and feel different. Don't overdo it, or the meat will get mushy. It just needs enough to stick together, while retaining the beefy texture. After a few minutes, make round balls and squish them out onto baking paper, pressing them into burger shapes. Be careful that you don't handle them roughly and break up all the molecules you knitted together.

These are now ready to cook and won't fall apart in the pan. Personally, I like to leave them uncovered in the fridge overnight, as this dries out a lot of the water content, making the burgers even tastier.

As your meach burgers heat in the pan, or on the barbie, let the heat seal the proteins together properly on one side before flipping them over.

Cook on a medium heat, don't burn them. Remember that it is very important to cook minced meat thoroughly before eating, so flip your burgers often once they start to cook through.

Serve as they are, or in a bread roll with mayo, cheese and your favourite sauce.

You just made meach burgers that taste of beef, not flour or eggs :) Everyone will notice the difference, but keep the secret to yourself... he he

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 16 Aug 2013, 5:03 pm

Re: Meach Burgers!

I typically use meat with 85% fat content. Typical mince at Coles is 90% which attributes to the meat not sticking together. Agreed with Meach the best burgers are 100% mince. It's the only way to eat the best burgers. A wood fire or charcoals are the best way to BBQ. :)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 16 Aug 2013, 7:54 pm

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=930 :mine8-):

best burger I've had from a "fast food" outlet.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 06 Sep 2013, 10:46 pm

**licks lips** sound YUMM!! ....Meach is over 40!! Look it says over 40 years of cooking!
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

Return to Community Area