Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Prossesor Support

<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 16 Jun 2013, 12:59 pm

Re: Prossesor Support

If your in adelaide, I know this really good computer repair company. But it costs real cash, but wont rip you off.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 16 Jun 2013, 1:01 pm

FYI…
a fan which looks to be in great shape, moves free and smells like new can still be damaged. If the fan makes a noise…their is only one thing to really do..get a new fan. Honestly their is no real way to reliably fix them.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

jasotufy2

Post 16 Jun 2013, 1:06 pm

dale00474 wrote:1. You did get the same exact socket right?
2. If you were going for a new upgrade I would hope you spent the extra 50 bucks and got a better heat sink than the factory one that came with the CPU right?
3. Does it sound like a fan whistling? Maybe you damaged a fan in the process or have a cable touching fan blades.
4. Did the processor ever get dropped and you didn't touch it right? Just handled it by the edges?
5. What does the computer sound like? Can you describe it?
6. Any Smoke? Smoke is not a good sign.
7. If yes is the smoke blue? It is a light shade of gray?
8. If either of #8 is a yes save yourself and chuck it in the bin. Its near hopeless from here.

Oh! Those damned quick latching heat sink clips (why the hell do you need quick release clips when you rarely ever pull the fricken thing?!?) Anyways…I've seen those not properly latched which can cause vibration or strange noises from the fan being slightly warped by a twisting action on the heat sink. Hope some of this helps.

Ok thankyou heaps guys,

I am not going to repear it now but i will definitally give it ago tomorrow afternoon. Or i might give it a go later. I will reply will the results ASAP.

Cheers,
Jason
;-)
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 16 Jun 2013, 1:10 pm

Also if you do need to buy a new fan/heatstick, a cheap but good brand eg. (Thermaltake, Cooler Master) what fits socket 775 (I think is your cpu socket) can be found at msy for $15-20

but see how it goes :mine-P:
Previous

Return to Community Area