Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

North Korea??

<<

MrsRicochet

Post 07 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

North Korea??

I'm curious of everyone's thoughts about North Korea's latest temper tantrum.

Myself? North Korea is in the hands of a butt hurt child playing with a match next to open gas lines. China's about had enough of their shit, and as NK's only ally left and the sole reason why most of their people are still alive, NK's about to lose China as a friend.

However, the Korean War has been going for 63 years. North and South Korea only agreed to a armistice, not an end; there was never a clearly declared 'winner'. With NK declaring war on SK and the USA, their threats alone of nuclear bombing feel very empty to me. There has been no proof that they have created a bomb capable of reaching USA homeland, let alone with nuclear attachments.

Concerns about Australia? If war does happen (very unlikely) I can not see our selves being valuable targets. An invasion could happen, and I am still very skeptical on that, but only for our abundance of resources that our enemies could benefit from. Our soldiers will suffer the most, not our homeland .

My biggest concerns so far is if this does escalate further, and China finally abandons North Korea, it will be the North Korean citizens that suffer the most. NK can not possibly function without China's aid. It will crash and burn, and the people will suffer first and foremost.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Apr 2013, 2:34 pm

Re: North Korea??

We are an ally to the US -and- not overly liked by the North. However, North Korea's territory is so small that any nuclear strike would be a suicide wish on their part. Such a small country with a small population does pose a threat but not a sustainable one. One thing to remember is the allies of a country at war pose just as much and often more of a threat in the long term than the initiates of the conflict. This is basic military strategy. For instance, in WWII do your research and look at how the war was started. Then look about half way through the war and watch the key players in the war. Then look at the end. China, with roughly 1.8 billion of the world's 6.9 billion in population seriously outnumbers more than half of all the developed nations on the planet. Also, the money they have available to their military is no small figure. China is one of North Korea's strongest allies. China is a threat. China has also stated disgust with the way tensions have escalated over the years with the joint annual military exercise that has kicked all this off. North Korea has already once launched long range missiles at islands occupied by military and civilian people over this same exercise. Australia is in range of nuclear fall out should a nuclear weapon come into play in the Asian region. The one big thing to consider though is that North Korea has a shield. That shield being South Korean. The US would have issues with launching any sort of nuclear attack on the North b/c of the proximity of the South. Such an attack would also devastate an ally very close by. It's a tricky situation.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

oddworld_chris

Post 07 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

Sums up my point of view!
<<

NaomiTim

Post 08 Apr 2013, 2:19 am

oddworld_chris wrote:Image

:o i found this the other day and was gonna post it
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 08 Apr 2013, 3:52 am

nothing is going to happen. Same shit as 2009 and china isn't a threat to America, do you really think they're going to ruin ties with a country that at least 50% of their export goes to? Not to mention the mountains of debt America are in to china.

China isn't going to do shit, if they avoid it, then they're fine. The real threat would be Russia and china teaming together but Russia wouldn't want to ruin their chances of finishing getting into the UN.

Not to mention, Nukes are the ONLY choice for NK. They don't have aircraft carriers etc. If they were to ally with other countries, they would have to invade via boat or fly a plane from allied countries.
<<

diqs123

Post 08 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

oddworld_chris wrote:Image

hahahahahaha that just made me lol soooo much XD
I dig stuff if u need excavating done check if I'm online and ask
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 10 Apr 2013, 7:37 pm