Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Megabuy Experience

<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 05 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

Megabuy Experience

Don't buy from megabuy.com.au, also owned by the same company... itspot.com.au, tech4u.com.au.

I ordered a item more than 2 weeks ago, so I could upgrade the network the server is on. (So finally I could implement real multi-wan)

Anyways 1 email and 3 calls later, they said it was originally 'In Stock' on their website. But after I placed the order they ran out. (Said 4 left in-stock when I brought it).
Anyways last time I called them they said soonest they can get that item instock, is by the end of this month, that's way too long. I also told them to cancel/refund me (Because I cannot wait anymore!)

This was my first order and I will never buy from them again!

Code:
12/02/2013   Confirming Payment   Order has been Received, Waiting to Confirm Payment
13/02/2013   Processing   Payment Received and Confirmed. Processing Order
13/02/2013   Processed   Order has been Processed and is preparing to be Shipped
05/03/2013   Cancelled   Order has been Cancelled

I'd rate MegaBuy as "AvoidBuy" or "MegaNoShip". Not happy.
Just letting people know about my personal experience, and hopfully from reading this you wont have a bad experience like me.

Anyways that's my little rant.

Login to remove these ads

<<

darkrai202

Post 05 Mar 2013, 9:27 pm

Re: Megabuy Experience

Bad megabuy is bad.
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 05 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm

It's funny to think amazon based in the US can beat these guys in shipping/etc.

Companies complain we go overseas yet you have to deal with companies in Australia run by morons.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 05 Mar 2013, 11:36 pm

Well the same day I ordered from megabuy. I saw some cheap new cat6 network cables on ebay and ordered them, got them in the post today..

They posted it from the UK, and it arrived today. :mine8-):
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Mar 2013, 12:42 am

To be completely honest I think most aussies have simply gotten used to getting screwed. Too many monopolies and too much BS. Telstra...owns everything, very few computer shops around, foxtel or austar, how many more?

I love it when you purchase 100Mb/s from all the companies and they say you can get 60Mb/s depending on local usage. Really? WTF? Why would I pay for 100Mb/s if you can't promise to provide it? So I pay all the extra money on the off chance the idiots will be able to actually provide it? Yup. Happens everywhere. One thing I have noticed in the US when a company fucks up with an order like Roly's mentioned above they will often offer rush/express shipping for free without asking. Over here you're luck for most companies to give you anything more than a pre-typed response letter saying, "I'm sorry but we are idiots and have no fricken clue what we are doing. We can't run a business and just hope this pre-typed response will shut you up." Just my experience. Don't get me wrong the US has its problems too with some of those companies acting like idiots but I'v noticed far less there than here. =/
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 06 Mar 2013, 3:05 am

I believe telstra owns austar now and that's to do with line speed, sadly they get away with it though.

Return to Community Area