Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

meach bio

<<

meach51

Post 26 Feb 2013, 9:06 am

meach bio

Putting personal information up on the server, here or in chat, is not encouraged, but.. I've had a colourful life and ppl keep asking me stuff in chat. As I get older, arthritis is making it hard to type lots over and over, so here's a quick bio. I'll send ppl here when they ask questions haha!

Born a long time ago in Kent, England to a military family.
Lived in 9 countries altogether.
University at Cambridge, England. BSc (Cantab) Physics
RAF scholarship, served 8 years, mainly flying SA330 Puma helicopters.
After RAF, was Chief Flying Instructor at Skysports Hang Gliding School in South wales. Flew hang gliders and ultralights professionally for 5 years.
Moved to London as IT manager to work with some Air Force buddies after learning to program on early computers and loving it.
Director, exec, manager, and CEO in several companies, including HP, Wang, IBM and others.
Last job as main board director of a large Japanese company, where I ran subsidiaries in the USA, Australia, UK, France, Belgium and Japan. Company paid for my law degree at the University of London, because I was the only western director and they gave me all the international contracts to approve. I was approving millions of dollars worth of contracts without qualifications, so I got qualified.

This job involved a lot more travelling. Wife lost count after 24 round the world trips, not counting all the shorter ones to Europe, US and Japan. Used to do the round world trips in 8 days, on hand luggage. 58 hours in the air in a week. Inbetween these, a USA trip from Aus was Sydney office - overnight 16 hour flight - LA and SFO office in one day - 16 hour overnight flight back - into Sydney office. Same story with the Japanese trips for meetings. I now hate travelling.

Moved from France to Australia.

Married with 2 children, now 3 grand children, two labradors.
House has plenty computers, about 8, I think. Two vacuum robots. :)
Part time lecturer at NSW Graduate School of Management. Might do more Uni lecturing later.
Finishing PhD at NSW uni, having started it at Cambridge.
I do free law work for charity, called Pro Bono. (Don't ask for free legal advice, it doesn't work like that. Get a paid lawyer :) )
Current project is to build a new house as soon as the old one is sold. Designed the last one myself, but the new design is better.

There has never been a boring moment :) Hope it stays like that.

Login to remove these ads

<<

CalebRand

Post 28 Feb 2013, 10:49 am

Nice Bio : )

Just finished reading it. That sounds like you had a great life! really interesting bio btw. No joke
Rand
<<

xzarahsx

Post 28 Feb 2013, 2:37 pm

Re: meach bio

This isn't even all of it guys!
This man is a wonderful human being, he has done a hell of a lot in his life and I'm sure if you knew all of what he has gone through/done he would be your inspiration.
Although don't go asking him about what else he has done as it'd be such a long story and have to think about the pain that he would actually be going through just by typing.
hehehehehehehe :P
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne

Return to Community Area