Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

User Guide: Installing Rei minimap mod

<<

MrsRicochet

Post 21 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

Re: Guide to installing Rei minimap mod

551760 wrote:if u run on windows use the start button (on the key bored) wich u'll find next to the Fn button then holed the windows start button and click R at same time a little window will pop up and tpye %appdata% then got to .minecraft then do what left sed

If you run on Windows use the start button, (on the keyboard) which you'll find next to the 'FN' button. Hold the Windows start button and click 'R' at the same time; a little window will pop up. Type '%appdata%, go to '.minecraft' then do what Left said.

Is it really so impossible for children to use grammar and proper spelling these days. I understand little mistakes here and there, for God sake, I make mistakes; but at least my writing is legible. The lack of spelling/grammar in this thread makes me Grammar Nazi heart cry.

Liam, if you're using a school laptop, you may not be able to access %appdata% due to any blocks the computer techs may have installed. You will also not be an administrator on your laptop, so that may also be playing a part in why you can't find it.

Login to remove these ads

<<

oddworld_chris

Post 21 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

MrsRicochet wrote: The lack of spelling/grammar in this thread makes me Grammar Nazi heart cry.

'...my...' Rico, '...my Grammar Nazi heart cry...'. :via09:
<<

lukaben1

Post 22 Jan 2013, 5:47 am

No, even if my minecraft browser is open it still says the same, archive is corrupt
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 22 Jan 2013, 7:49 am

The program MUST be closed before starting the process. Never open software files with the program running. It's a great way to corrupt them. :)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 22 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

what the hell is a "minecraft browser"?
i have heard a few players use that term before.
<<

MrsRicochet

Post 22 Jan 2013, 4:32 pm

oddworld_chris wrote:
MrsRicochet wrote: The lack of spelling/grammar in this thread makes me Grammar Nazi heart cry.

Chris, have you ever heard of irony?
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 22 Jan 2013, 7:35 pm

LeftSpineDwn wrote:what the hell is a "minecraft browser"?
i have heard a few players use that term before.

In the world of MMOs and Sandbox games there are browser-based ones. The game itself may be ran within an internet browser window online. Most of these forms of games also come with there own "browser", application or other viewing software so the game may be played without the use of "porting" it through the browser window. This software is often termed the "client." The MMMORPG form of games use this more. Browser based games typically require more downloading to be done each time the game is played but don't store near as much data on the player's computer. However, for better performance most players are recommended to use the client since resources are downloaded and updated on the player's computer and most of the resources can then be pulled locally.

Minecraft can be ran either way. Most players choose to simply run minecraft with the download client. Most players don't know an option exists to run the game in an internet browser window. I think when he says browser he is more referring to the client since he uses mods. In some games the client is also called the browser. Any other day I could list a few but I'm not feeling well and drawing a blank.

Damn I need to write a wiki article on the topic. lol

FYI: When most companies advertise a browser based game...it gets high amounts of ridicule due to the reputation some browser based games get. Also, many of those companies have fairly high failure rates. In all reality though (remembering the days of Sparkplay) it is far cheaper to develop a browser based game and port it to a client option later.

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

oddworld_chris

Post 22 Jan 2013, 7:50 pm

MrsRicochet wrote:
oddworld_chris wrote:

Chris, have you ever heard of irony?

:)
<<

lukaben1

Post 23 Jan 2013, 2:33 pm

As a fact, its all mods I try to use, I put the folders in the mods folder,
and the minecraft.jar folder
Then I test it out on singleplayer.
Still doesnt work
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 23 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

1. check the version of the mods you use against the version of minecraft. Also, some require a special mod installer package. They will normally list this.

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started & Rules