Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

someones Self importance "And arrogance" . yes on RolyD

<<

AxiumSA

Post 26 Mar 2017, 12:50 am

someones Self importance "And arrogance" . yes on RolyD

A little bit of your his/her time and patiance would have been nice. Maybe even just pretend to listen .. still goes a long way .. but never tell a member "No . not now im not in the mood" then why are you a mod ?

Login to remove these ads

<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 26 Mar 2017, 8:11 pm

Re: someones Self importance "And arrogance" . yes on RolyD

Hi Axium,

Thank you for the feedback. We’ve gone through the logs and identified the incident you’re referring to. I read through our chat logs to understand your concern because we want the best experience for our players on Roly's. We take our moderator selection very seriously and ensure we have the best choices for the role.

The issue you were discussing with our mod is the new shop plugin? Unfortunately, our old shop plugin is no longer being updated and is very broken, so it was out of our control when we had to bring in a new one. We encourage feedback and suggestions from our players, so if you have a suggestion for a better plugin please post on the Suggestions section on the forums or talk to one of our GMs and we'll be happy to check it out.

So you're aware, it is out of our Moderators' control which plugins we use and is not their responsibility to test plugins. Moderators are GMs in training and their role is strictly chat-moderation and land protection. The Moderator you were talking to unfortunately was unable to give feedback on your suggestion as that is mostly up to Roly himself. We understand your concern comes from the Moderator not joining your server to look at the plugin, but they were trying to stay within their role.

Please in future contact one of the GMs privately (or even Roly on forums) if you have a concern with one of our Staff members and we'd be happy to look into it for you :con25:

- Roly's GMs
Tea, Admin of Roly's Minecraft Server.
<<

AxiumSA

Post 26 Mar 2017, 9:11 pm

Tea thank you sincerely for the reply.
I take great pride in my work in software development and still run 2 businesses . one in software development and web development and run strategic testing on said products and obviously this carries forward to anything i work on. including MC Server software. I spent a long time testing plugins on test servers to make sure

1) they work as described
2) they fulfill the need for the intended parties
3) they are current and will be current for future updates to MC server. (respecting that the programmer may abandon the project)
4) and have backup options to put into place if said pl fails.

With this I saw a real problem with the Shop plugin that was on offer and had voiced my opinions on two occasions with no feedback.
so reinstated the server on that day to visibly show a staff member what can be achieved with a specific PL. and not with standing the server you mention is a decommission MC server that only the staff of RolyD know of the IP. Therefor I was not breaching any of your requirements as to advertising for another server. This Mod was well aware of that and had previously been on the test server to test Iron Farms. as has a few others. that aside I wished to help the server get past the problems with the shop plugin and went to great lengths to allow access to view it in action and report the finding back to the hierarchy. there for showing that the plugin was up to date and being maintained. takes up less physical room than the current plugin and has less confusion when trying to read and buy from the shops.

Yes I was offended . but justly so . it could have been handled in a better manner. even to be told please go to forum and pm / or include into forum, with a request to view this plugin would have been better. I was ignored after this and felt a bit let down . Over the short time I have been on I have put a lot of time and 4 donations into RolyD and would hope that would be enough to show my support for the Server RolyD and its continued success. If it is desired I will back off and just play the game, but if you wish for any help then please feel free to ask if i am able to help.

Regards AxiumSA

P.S The MOD in question my sincere apologies. my instant reaction to an event was not thoroughly thought out. Sorry..
<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 27 Mar 2017, 5:36 pm

Absolutely, we are not 100% happy with the new plugin and are still trialing it, so we are open to changing it if we found a better one. It can be hard to read, but at the moment, it is better than our old one which is broken. If you have a suggestion for a better one we'd really like to see it (Suggest on forums or Roly would be your best option). I completely agree, the Moderator should have directed you to the correct forum section so you could make your suggestion. And no, you in no way breached any of our rules with mentioning the server it was not advertising at all so go for it in the future.

We so much appreciate your donations and help Axium, and definitely want to hear any suggestions you have to improve the server (after all the server wouldn't be here without our players and donations) so thank you for having the server's best inetrest in mind :) :lai17:
Tea, Admin of Roly's Minecraft Server.

Return to Screenshots