Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

For the Survivalist in us all.

<<

darkrai202

Post 19 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

Re: For the Survivalist in us all.

i cant take in items, so how will i win if i cant have my sweet sweet diamonds :{

Login to remove these ads

<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 7:15 pm

You would have to mine them like a peasant haha.

I have begun fencing off an area... dam it's gonna take a while.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 19 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

ke6n you'd have to ensure the area is completely "clean of everything." Before you get too far ahead also keep in mind we do have multi-world and in all reality it may be easier to have a very small map added which would serve this purpose. Lets give it a few days to see if this is something everyone really wants and for the admin to figure out a "game plan" on preparation. Just keep in mind their are certain things need setting up and we'd need to get it all organized. In all reality though I think a fresh map maybe 1000x1000 blocks big would be best. What's your opinion Roly?
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

dale00474 wrote:ke6n you'd have to ensure the area is completely "clean of everything." Before you get too far ahead also keep in mind we do have multi-world and in all reality it may be easier to have a very small map added which would serve this purpose. Lets give it a few days to see if this is something everyone really wants and for the admin to figure out a "game plan" on preparation. Just keep in mind their are certain things need setting up and we'd need to get it all organized. In all reality though I think a fresh map maybe 1000x1000 blocks big would be best. What's your opinion Roly?

I didn't know it was possible to make a multi-world a certain size. I thought they were infinite.
<<

crusty_krow

Post 19 Mar 2012, 9:48 pm

has the ultimate goal of teabagging darks dead body after i kill him :p
Image Image
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 19 Mar 2012, 11:20 pm

Worlds can be marked in areas so players would be unable to build outside of a certain range. =)

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 19 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

I like the idea, but there's a few things we need to work out first.
How the Main World map is set out now, it wouldn't be easy to convert the main world like that.

One idea,
Multiworld could work where we set up a portal to another map. You walk though the portal and end up at the survival spawn, only way in or out of that world there will be a portal at survival spawn.
Then I could make separate inventories per worlds* optional

Everything outside that spawn area could be pvp, say 5000x5000? with no protection. People could make bases, and with your friends/solo take over your enemy's.

just a thought, will think about it more. Keep the ideas coming :)
<<

Coffee

Game Master

Post 20 Mar 2012, 12:29 am

I think 2kx2k with different inventory to prevent people bringing things in.

also maybe providing a safe zone for users where they cannot pvp would be good.
<<

darkrai202

Post 20 Mar 2012, 7:59 am

I think 3000x3000 arena would be good that's pretty much what we need to make some good bases etc
Then make a portal in the portal room in spawn
Then prepare to die :D
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 20 Mar 2012, 8:32 am

I think the safe zone should be slightly elevated...a small tower keep or something that would make it easier to find...plus force players to work to reach it so cowering out of an active fight would be much more difficult. Seperate inventories would be nice but might not be required...maybe a vote on this one? I think multi world would make this a far easier feat to accomplish and far more organized. Everything I've heard so far has had excellent reviews with the playerbase. I'd love to see this as long as we could have some of it jungle so I could go predator on some people's asses =D

a small suggestion...this would be lightweight plugin-wise if we could find something to remove player names aboce heads. That would make it harder to locate players. Bukkit has a few. What do ya think? just one suggestion. The way I see it...

Have that and a smaller map...or...
Don't have it and make a larger map with more biome diversity.

Both have pros and cons.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions