Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Mod of the month award

<<

tjdefreitas

Post 02 Mar 2017, 1:28 am

Mod of the month award

I think it would be good to have a monthly award for mods (or players as Roly suggested) to show community appreciation for being helpful, friendly or whatever. Might be nice since all of the mods seem to go above and beyond when helping us regular players out. Perhaps a vote on the website or in game. Implementation is a bit out of my depth.

Login to remove these ads

<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 02 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

Re: Mod of the month award

Hey Tj,

I do think it's a great idea to give recognition to Mods and players for being helpful, because we do have some pretty great people on this server :lai19:

The only issue the staff have with this is that there's only 5 Moderators (3 active), and usually around 5-10 regular players/VIPs. I would love to show appreciation for our staff but as you can see, with there only being 3, it would very quickly run out. With so little people, I think it could be perceived as more of a competition than general recognition.

I feel that this could turn into a game of "who has been the most active on the server lately" or "who is most liked". I like the player idea better because there's more players to chose from, however there is only around 5 super active players, we'd end up repeating ourselves or re-voting in the same person, OR we'd vote in somebody just for the sake of "they haven't been voted in before". This would be a super good idea if we had a large player base, though.

We encourage and tell our Mods they do a good job all the time (and they all do equally as well!). I've spoken to the whole staff team and they'd prefer not to be pitted against one another as that's just how they feel! I know this wasn't your intention though and you just want to give credit where credit is due which is awesome but that's the consensus from the staff.

Can i maybe suggest we make a forum topic of helpful/friendly players, we can post screenshots/little stories about friendly things they've done to give credit to nice things people do? Might be a better option than an award of the month :lai04: Thanks for your suggestion
Tea, Admin of Roly's Minecraft Server.

Return to Suggestions