Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Teamspeak 3 Server

<<

Calhon1

Post 02 Aug 2015, 11:45 am

Teamspeak 3 Server

Hey,

**My first account I couldn't get back into so I have added a 1 to a new account**

I have a quick suggestion over a Teamspeak 3 Server. It is a great, fun and easy way to be able to communicate between players. Being that the Rolyd Community is quite large now, it seems that it would make lots of sense to bring everyone together. We could have Teamspeak Admins also which will maintain the server to assure it is kept clear of issues. Even on top of that, with my experience on my own and other Teamspeak servers, they are pretty easy to use with 1 or 2 youtube videos. Most games are using Teamspeak now, aswell as alot of Minecraft servers. You don't even have to have a mic to use it! Just simple text chat will work also. If people don't want that then we can simply setup a Music Bot to play music. Plenty of Teamspeak servers have that and it is one of the easiest things to do. Pricing? Well you can get the servers pretty cheap over any Teamspeak server hosting service. It will cost more and more as time goes by depending on what you have added in feature wise. Maybe a Teamspeak VIP could come into place if this turns popular? Donate for TSVIP and get your own private channel? Teamspeak is probably the best VOIP talking server out there, over the top of Ventrilo and Mumble.

So.. Just a suggestion... but I think it would be great for the whole community to have and use in a friendly manner!

~Calhon :3

Login to remove these ads

<<

huioliver345

Post 02 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm

Re: Teamspeak 3 Server

It is a great idea.

There has actually been some serious discussion (only within the staff team, before now) about a Teamspeak server.

Be cool to see what everyone else might think about this.

Thanks Calhon!
<<

bobthepig7

Post 18 Dec 2015, 2:25 pm

bump cause teamspeak makes it much easier then to have to chat all the time.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 18 Dec 2015, 8:26 pm

I currently have a To server with channels dedicated for Rolyd.com. So here is what I'll offer.

6 months completely open to the community. Anyone can join. However, a few rules will apply...

1. Watch the language between 8am-11pm after that I really don't care.
2. Rolyd.com mods and gm's will be the only to have administration rights.
3. TS administration will warn/kick/ban anyone from the TS server who become a disruption or don't follow the rules.
4. This is a massive one I have little patience for...respect eachother. I can't speak for the other members of the team but I do not take sides. I warn both parties having a fight over TS and then we go from there. So have respect for eachother and have fun.
5. Hate speech/racial slurs will get you a perm ban no exceptions no appeals.

As TS costs money and space is limited (24) slots on my server I can't promise everyone a slot but I doubt we'll get more than 24 at one time. After the 6 months we may requests donations for it or offer it as a donation perk. I have the cheapest in Aus with Hypernia and they charge me roughly 45$ a year. But I get a nice discount because my gaming clan runs a game server with them. :)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 18 Dec 2015, 8:27 pm

I'll set it to open this weekend and post the info here. Also, I'll need to catch at least a few mods or gm's to give them administration rights.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Return to Suggestions