Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Preview video?

<<

Mingjetan

Post 04 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

Preview video?

Ok, so I've been thinking about a preview video for rolyd.com, it would have a GM/mod flying over places of rolyd.com (mall spawn etc) and there would be a bunch of people running around the place using the utilities things like that

If anyone supports this idea please comment below. Any suggestions welcome (NOTE: I know nothing on how to make the video.

~ming
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 04 Oct 2013, 11:07 pm

Re: Preview video?

I would use fraps for video capture then find a good free video editor. I myself use adobe creative suite. However, the suite costs about $5,000.00. So its not a cheap option by any means. Their are some good free ones online however. Used to be one called Music Video Maker. It was actually really good for the beginner.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 05 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

Yeah... I dunno anything about this stuff though xD
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 06 Oct 2013, 12:54 am

I could help with the video editing and music production :P I use the latest version of Final Cut Pro and I use Logic Pro X as well for some music. I'd be more than happy to help, lil Bud :P I also have recording software to record in-game.

~Blitz aka Your big bud :D
Happy to help anyone in need.
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 06 Oct 2013, 1:05 am

The only problem is getting people together in game who want to be part of it. Also no one talking but the parties involved using scripts. I'll be annoying to get that part done but it would look great at the end.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

Skype or Team Speak could easily be used to audio recording. Scripting can be a pain though as already mentioned.

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 06 Oct 2013, 4:29 pm

What's your verdict though Dale? Get this on youtube and other video websites and get more people playing.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Oct 2013, 4:50 pm

Players are always welcome to help promote rolyd.com guys. =)

You don't need any of our approvals. One thing I would ask is that any videos or promotional things be presented to Roly first please. Just a personal request of mine.

<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 06 Oct 2013, 5:14 pm

Okay. Awesome Ming we got the green light. Will do Dale.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 06 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm

Yay :D

Next

Return to Suggestions