Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Roman Theming Contest!

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 21 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

Roman Theming Contest!

Alright guys…I am absolute crap at statues. I have built like 4 (one of which was my char one at spawn which was done on an existing template by Irokin.) I have just added a Roman Colosseum to /warp pvp. I need Roman style theming. This is your chance to build something nice for the server. So here is how this works. I will select built items until the area is decorated and full. Here are the conditions…

1. You MUST supply your own items. I am more than willing to change things once it is copied. For instance…want a fair bit of Iron block in your design but can't afford it? Easy done…just make those bits from dirt or something. Once copied I will change the dirt to iron blocks. Please keep this down to one/two block types for the design.

2. It must look Roman. Build me a diamond block item and it will be turned down. I know Iron wasn't heavily used in Rome…but at least it does look like marble.

3. It can be anything from a small building to a small statue. Absolutely nothing over 20-30 blocks high. No exceptions.

4. Go visit the Colosseum to get a feel for the space I need to fill. Don't build some huge hall that isn't going to fit or looks out of place.

5. I will copy the item you build so you may reclaim the supplies. I will not be supplying replacement pickaxes, axes, shovels for this. If you want your design to be used you'll have to eat that part of the cost.

6. Build this on your own land in a protected area. Then Take a screenshot of it and post it as a reply to this post. Just make a new post and attach the photo to it from your Hard Drive.

7. I will be picking multiple items to be place in the area. You will also get credit for the item via a small plaque placed somewhere at the base of your item or to be located in another position in the /warp pvp area. Maybe the small hall at the base of Pitfall or something. Hell…maybe inside a small Roman themed building on the site.

What do you get for your hard work? I will award a player an armor item made of diamond for each thing they construct up to a maximum of three pieces. I need to stress…I make absolutely no promises your building will be used. If I run out of space, or your building is not good enough you will be encouraged to keep working on it to make it better or it may not be used at all. I will let players know a few days in advance before we run out of space if possible.

Now get building! And please…don't ask me to come see the finished building in game. Post a screen shot here. I may come see your building in advance of finishing it to give my opinion. Thats fine. Just as long as you don't ask me to come see it every hour. =D
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 26 Aug 2012, 1:09 am

Re: Roman Theming Contest!

Okay so I had a go at building a Roman-styled building.
- I hope this isn't too modern for Ancient Rome or too big. It's roughly 11 blocks high and 22 wide.
Here are some screenshots. :)

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/2whfq4l.png[img]

I was a bit unsure to whether i could build a building instead of a statue.. but i hope you can come check it out soon. :)
Tea, Admin of Roly's Minecraft Server.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 26 Aug 2012, 4:01 am

Very nice build ilove. =) I'm unsure of the glass but I'm not going to nit-pick that much. =) Can you post the cords and let me know what diamond item you'd like. Also, for being the first to reply with a submission your account will be credited 3k by Sunday night. Congrats!

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 26 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

Wow, thank you heaps dale. :)
I can change the glass if you'd like? That's what i meant about it being too modern, i wasn't sure about it either. Any sugestions?
Tea, Admin of Roly's Minecraft Server.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 30 Aug 2013, 10:39 pm

Although its been like a year can I still add something? I'm thinking of building a colosseum :)
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 31 Aug 2013, 1:04 am

Mingjetan wrote:Although its been like a year can I still add something? I'm thinking of building a colosseum :)

"Alright guys…I am absolute crap at statues. I have built like 4 (one of which was my char one at spawn which was done on an existing template by Irokin.) I have just added a Roman Colosseum to /warp pvp. "

This is at the start of my original post. I would suggest going to /warp pvp and walking near the giant light shining into the sky. Behind that light (the power star) you will find my -massive- Colosseum. This has already been turned into a PvP arena. =D

I need other roman themed buildings for decoration. I am still very much open to players donating good looking builds to any part of /warp pvp. This area is also soon to undergo a massive expansion in which I will have a HUGE need for more buildings. A new contest for that coming in the next few months. =)

<<

Mingjetan

Post 04 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm

I guess that means I can't build a colloseum. Oh well I'll build something else :)
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

Return to Events