Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

The Manhattan Project - Biggest Comp Ever!

<<

meach51

Post 25 Aug 2013, 6:22 pm

The Manhattan Project - Biggest Comp Ever!

Its HUGE!

Build a City!

Its Bold!

Its how to have your name in Sunrise forever!

(You don't have to wait for any judging date either)

Sunrise looks realy good, and is getting plenty of residents, now that there is land for sale. The town council decided that it needs a City, with skyscrapers. So here's the biggest competition in history!

The Comp, the prizes!
This competition is for Eight skyscrapers, all for different purposes. Each approved building gets a $100,000 prize to be shared amongst the winning team, that's $800,000 in prizes! Remember there will still be another $1,000,000 prize for the best overall building in Sunrise - thats another million! (This will be judged after all the comps have completed). A new City Zone has been set up, with glass frames showing the size limits of the buildings. This has also been set up at Sunbuild.

How it Works.
Go and look at Manhattan, /warp manhattan. Here all the glass frames show the positions of the finished buildings, the street names and the streets. Signs on each frame show the purpose of the building. Only one glass frame is set up for each building. If your team wants to build one that someone else is already building, please let me (meach) know, ill set up another one for you. There will only be one prize for each building.

Then go and look at the build site, /warp sunbuild. The same frames are there, ready for your team to build. There is only one frame per team, so once one is chosen, you have to choose another one (or ask for another glass frame). Note ss8 (Sunbuild 8) is not a competition building, vegan is going to move his Cow Enterprises business there.

Once you have chosen a building, post here your teamname, team leader and the name of the site you want to build in in this forum thread. The site names are on a separate sign - like ss2build, at sunbuild. Ask any staff member to give your team perms after you have posted your entry.

How to win a prize
A building will be approved when any three (3) mods or admins vote for your building. When this happens, it will be copied to Manhattan and your team leader will be paid the $100,000 prize. Your names will be put on the building, for people to see forever! Because it is being copied to Manhattan your team can get all the materials back from the original, but you must get your stuff back within three days of your building being moved. After that, it gets zapped!

Rulez
Mods and admins are allowed to join teams, but not build on their own. It might be a good idea to get a mod/admin on your team, because someone who can fly will be a big help with a skyscraper!
(No w/e please guys.)

The glass frame is the limit of the building, you have perms to the frame, but not outside it. You can silk the frame and use the glass, if you want. Build any shape you want that fits inside the building frame and remove the frame after. If you want the frame removed, so you can build please ask.

The buildings will be judged when you say they are completed. Please post in this forum when its ready. You need three mods and/or admins to vote for your building to get it approved and win the prize (RolydStaff, please vote in the thread). (There's a good reason to get a mod or admin on your team, that's one vote already! You have permission to kill any mod or admin on your team that votes for someone else! lol)

We might award a small prize to the person who falls and gets splatted the most, or in the most spectacular way. There are going to be casualties in this building comp, so leave valuable stuff in the ender chests at sunbuild!

Any building that gets started and left for three days with no building, will be counted as abandoned. The site will be given to someone else, if they want it to enter.

Judging will be at day, and at night. City skylines often look better at night than during the day, so make sure your building looks spectacular at night, as well as during the day.

Stuff Not allowed
No lava, lava pools, lighting or lava falls. Its a modern cityscape.
Ladders for entry. City people wont climb ladders to get to work!

Stuff That gets Extra Respect Points
Flashing lights ( i love flashing lights) any cool lighting stuff that makes your building look seriously cool at night will get extra cudos!

Elevators
Tall buildings have an access problem. There is an example elevator that vegan has built that you can copy. You don't HAVE to use elevators, but we want to know how people are going to get up to the top of your building.

There are some great builders out there, have fun making the Sunrise CBD, Manhattan will be the in place to be, be a part of it! Make your BIG mark on the server forever!

BTW, meach wont be building... I'm there to help, and unbiased :)

Login to remove these ads

<<

Mingjetan

Post 26 Aug 2013, 5:37 pm

Re: The Manhattan Project - Biggest Comp Ever!

could i join please meach?
Team Name: Nuclear Meltdown
People: Mingjetan,LukaBen1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(probably more people to come)

-thanks ming
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

elzy_rawr

Post 27 Aug 2013, 5:31 pm

hey meach can chiiuhh and I will join this new comp as a team. Thankyou. :confinishline:
<<

ImTash

Post 27 Aug 2013, 5:54 pm

Hi Meach, could I please have a team with my friend akatsukigirl456, there is only us two in the team. And our team name is: Fallout Girls (Haha akatsukigirl picked out the name, she likes fall out boys) Thanks :)
<<

ImTash

Post 27 Aug 2013, 9:50 pm

Could I also add BadAssPixie? Thanks :)
<<

meach51

Post 28 Aug 2013, 2:35 pm

UPDATE

Vegan made a huge wooden scaffold, a structure that builders set up to give acess to all floors when making skyscrapers. It's a great system and it helped him whizz his building up in record time.

It fits neatly around the build block and has all the floors, stairs and storage space you need for building a skyscraper.

I persuaded him to let other ppl use it, there is one on Inu's building and another parked outside the //warp sunbuild site.

This makes building a breeze, so if you want to use one, let me know in game. Vegan hires them out for $5000 for as long as you need it. Pay him and I'll move the structure onto your build.
<<

choninick1

Post 28 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm

sign me up im on my own

thanks
:con25:
<<

Mingjetan

Post 29 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm

Re: UPDATE

:confinishline:
meach51 wrote:Vegan made a huge wooden scaffold, a structure that builders set up to give acess to all floors when making skyscrapers. It's a great system and it helped him whizz his building up in record time.

It fits neatly around the build block and has all the floors, stairs and storage space you need for building a skyscraper.

I persuaded him to let other ppl use it, there is one on Inu's building and another parked outside the //warp sunbuild site.

This makes building a breeze, so if you want to use one, let me know in game. Vegan hires them out for $5000 for as long as you need it. Pay him and I'll move the structure onto your build.

I ain't need no fancy scaffolding! Gimme some materials dirt and I'm set!!
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

Mingjetan

Post 29 Aug 2013, 9:42 pm

D: Luka kinda abandoned the team...me on me own now!

<<

lukaben1

Post 30 Aug 2013, 8:27 am

??

Return to Events