Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Rolyd.com Knowledge Quiz Forum Game (Win In-game money!)

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 05 Jul 2013, 10:39 pm

Rolyd.com Knowledge Quiz Forum Game (Win In-game money!)

Here is how this works. I will ask a questions about the server. You answer first you win the prize. Prizes are awarded within 24 hours. All prizes are in the form of in-game currency and will be deposited into the player's account. Only the player who answers first will win. You must quote the question then give your answer in your reply. Each set I post will be two questions. You may answer both if you wish. Their is only one winner...first come first serve. The questions will remain active for one week before they are discarded. I will also be adding two more questions every Friday. So when a pair of questions are asked on Friday players will have until the following Friday to get them right. Players are limited to two chances to get the correct answers to questions. On Thursday I will give one hint for each question should no players have them correct yet. Also, each day that passes increases the winnings by a factor of 2x. So prize scale is found at the bottom of this post. GMs may not participate. Its not fair. Moderators are limited to answering one question each set.

Now on to the first questions...(each worth 10,000)

1. What is the name of the original settlement on Rolyd.com?

2. What was the name of the first town on Rolyd.com? (Believe it or not it still exists...barely)

PRIZE SCALE:
1st day (Friday)= 10k
2nd day (Saturday)= 20k
3rd day (SUN)= 40k
4th day (MON)= 80k
5th day (TUES)=160k
6th day (WED)=320k
7th day (THURS)= 640k

By the way...I wouldn't wait around for the prize to grow. Another player might answer the question you know and essentially steal the winnings from you.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 05 Jul 2013, 10:49 pm

Re: Rolyd.com Knowledge Quiz Forum Game (Win In-game money!)

:( think me and crusty know the answer to that question..

lets see who else knows :)
<<

lukaben1

Post 06 Jul 2013, 6:21 pm

A.1 G-Town
A.2 RolyCity
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Jul 2013, 7:43 pm

lukaben1 wrote:A.1 G-Town
A.2 RolyCity

Both answers are incorrect. Sorry but Rolycity was made the first year Rolyd.com went online. However, its not the first town nor settlement. G-town isn't that old as far as towns are concerned. But good try.

FYI players will be given two chances to get the answer to a question. =) Just added that to original post to prevent mass guessing to questions. Also Thursday nights players will be given a hint if a question goes unanswered. For this first series of questions I will give a hint Sunday night if no one gets them before then. This is just for these two as a special offer to kick things off.

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

NaomiTim

Post 06 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm

LOL my answer for both :confishtale:

1. Roly's House / Bunda City / The Valley
2. Roly's House / Bunda City / The Valley
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Jul 2013, 8:51 pm

NaomiTim wrote:LOL my answer for both :confishtale:

1. Roly's House / Bunda City / The Valley
2. Roly's House / Bunda City / The Valley

Need just one answer per question. Since you got both Bunda and The Valley correct I'll give this one to ya. Congrats on our first winner!

NaomiTim is the winner of 40k WOOT!

Since this series was answered on the second day, I'll occasionally throw out one more (really tough) question! Everyone get ready!

QUESTION: This is very much a treasure hunt! I won't make it easy on you. Somewhere online their is a video (the only one known) posted by an old player from on top of the mountain (now Icer's massive house/fortress at spawn...the big sandstonebrick one) It shows main world spawn as a giant ocean/lake without the tardis or any other buildings except Roly's first house. What player posted this video? -AND- You must supply a link. This question wil expire Sunday at midnight. So HURRY UP!

(HINT: This player no longer plays on the server.)

Question worth 50k.

<<

NaomiTim

Post 06 Jul 2013, 10:50 pm

Ok,im going on a limb with this one *crosses fingers*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBOlCpcm3Q
and the person who posted this video is icersau
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Jul 2013, 10:31 am

NaomiTim wrote:Ok,im going on a limb with this one *crosses fingers*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBOlCpcm3Q
and the person who posted this video is icersau

Nope. That area still exists and is amazingly nearly untouched since that video. However, it is not Main World Spawn. You're about 4 months or so later that the video in question. Hint: It's not Icer. :lai68:

14 hrs left.

<<

oddworld_chris

Post 12 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

ive spent about an hour goggling and trying to find the video (all from my mobile device). The time has past to win something, however any chance you might be able to give us a little more of a hint (is it on youtube or another video hosting service??)
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 12 Jul 2013, 9:33 pm

Well sadly Chris that question has expired and will return in the future. =)

Pst...*wispers* Its on youtube *wink*

Time for another set of trivia questions! Naomitim won the last one lets see if anyone can beat her to it this time...

Questions:

1. What Player built the water tap at spawn? (Hint: it is labelled)

2. Originally some of the PvP arenas were constructed near main world spawn. How many were there? A special 50k bonus to this question if you can go to /warp pvp, find the arena number and tell me which ones. =D (Arena numbers are found on signs at the entrances.) Believe it or not there was once a post made in the forums about this. It may have moved to our archives so I am unsure. If its still public there is a good hint on where to find out. =)

Enjoy!

If someone gets these correct before Saturday night I will do another in-game bonus question worth 50k. =)

(Last weeks in-game bonus question: What great disaster hit the Town of Bunda /warp bunda weeks after it was built? The answer...:Fire) I can't believe no one got this one. The town is 50% wood. XD

Next

Return to Events