Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Horse Building Contest

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 02 Jul 2013, 12:49 am

Horse Building Contest

So with the new update on horses coming soon I am going to be sponsoring a design contest. Here is how it works…

:lai42: <--- No not like this…

Like this…

I need two buildings. They will be copied with world edit into /warp pvp at two designated spots of my choosing. Here are the designs I am looking for…

1. Design a Race track with spectator area and a standard shape race track. (Standard shape is the oblique circular style.) Must have a nice looking track, stables for 8-12 horses and spectator area. The stables can be built under the spectator area or in a barn style setup. I am looking for a track roughly the size of the grass field next to Death Dome and behind the large circular arena at /warp pvp. It must not be larger than this fenced in area. So please go have a look beforehand. It also needs to fit rather close to that size. An infield in the center of the track designed and filled with everything from small food vendor stands to race trailers and everything entertaining about the infield is a must for this build.

2. Design an equestrian jump style track. It must have bushes, hurtles, and a small water feature. A center fountain in the middle would be nice. It will have a much smaller spectator area than the design above and a small stable that can house 4-6 horses.

The prizes…

The race track design winner will receive a prize of $250,000 plus two pieces of any type of horse armor once the patch goes live on Rolyd.com!

The equestrian arena winner will receive a prize of $150,000 plus one piece of any type of horse armor once the patch goes live on rolyd.com!

How to enter…

You must design the building on your own protected land (or have some protected by staff.) Once the design is complete you must use /modreq (message) at your finished design's location. I will get the mod request and view your design when I am in game. Funding will NOT be provided for your designs. You must provide the blocks yourself. However, once the winner is announced and the design copied into place I will leave the original for you to reclaim your items back from the build. If you get partially through your design and run out of funds just /mail dale00474 (message) me to dens me an in-game letter with the request. I will donate a small amount (up to $20k) into your player account to help you along. The funds must go towards the build and I will check up on it. Logs are my friend. Keep in mind if the build doesn't look good enough assistant funds may not happen. I need to see real potential in your work to donate to the cause.

Wait there's more?!?

You bet! I will post a poll in the staff boards of the forums to pick a favorite out of the two winning designs. That winner will receive a Grand Prize of $250,000 in game on top of the winning they get for having their design picked in the first place. So if you win the track design -and- the "best of show" design (see what I did there? HA!) your total winnings will be $500,000! For the other it will be $400,000! WOOT!

All players will have until midnight on the 14th of July to submit designs. Late designs will not be accepted. Now get building!
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 04 Jul 2013, 11:56 am

Re: Horse Building Contest

10 days left. Just a reminder get those buildings submitted. :)

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

NaomiTim

Post 14 Jul 2013, 7:56 am

My build may be a bit too big :/
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 16 Jul 2013, 9:21 pm

Consolation prize awarded to Naomitim. Her entry was the only one. Contest will run again in a few weeks as her race track was the only one entered and didn't fully meet the criteria. It was a good attempt though.

Contest closed for now.

Return to Events